Feeding blue polyp gorgonian

Wei

• SRC Member

Hi,

i have aquired a piece of non-photosynthetic blue polyp gorgonian. Its polyp is ard 1.5mm big. Does anyone know what size(micron) of food does it take. I have tried cyclops(zooplankton) & pytoplankton. The response isn't gd since i dun see much of the polyp catching the food. :cry2:

Any clue?

Wei :thanks:

• SRC Member

Where did you get it and how much?

Acrylic Aquarium Filtering Systems

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Blk 9003, Tampines St. 93,

Tampines Industrial Park A,

#03-134, Singapore 528837

(Located behind Tampines SAFRA)

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

Email me : info@iaquatic.com

*Please do not send PM's to us. Thank you

I think the blue polyp gorgonian is a deepwater variety... harder to keep.

But you should continue feeding with phytoplankton.... I dun know if they consumer zooplankton like rotifers...

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Hi,

i have aquired a piece of non-photosynthetic blue polyp gorgonian. Its polyp is ard 1.5mm big. Does anyone know what size(micron) of food does it take. I have tried cyclops(zooplankton) & pytoplankton. The response isn't gd since i dun see much of the polyp catching the food. :cry2:

Any clue?

Wei :thanks:

Is this what you are talking about Wei?

post-7-1045225825.jpg

Acrylic Aquarium Filtering Systems

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Blk 9003, Tampines St. 93,

Tampines Industrial Park A,

#03-134, Singapore 528837

(Located behind Tampines SAFRA)

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

Email me : info@iaquatic.com

*Please do not send PM's to us. Thank you

• SRC Member

Ian: Yes that is the sea fan that Wei has acquired

it was bought about 1 mth + already

jason: That fish in Wei's avatar is called a clarion angel.

I have not seen that fish for sale in SG before. And I believe it will cost a bomb if it does come in. :D:):yeah:

• SRC Member

Hi Jason,

I have put the name below the picture. I have never seen this fish in Singapore. Its a dwarf angel. Looking high & low for for many years. I think maybe Japan then can find. It is a very rare fish. Also cost a BOMB. Not TNT type, but Nuclear!

Read the latest issue of reefkeeper.

Wei :)

• SRC Member

Hi wei, your gorgonian r from Sulawesi deep waters according to the book"corals by eric h.bborneman" they r non-photosynthetic and requires particulate "reef snow" for their food. Little is know about them. I tried keeping them before blue and orange polyps, did'nt last for more them 2 mths. Maybe u hav better luck? Lets us know :)

• SRC Member

Hi sduu,

so far, I have tried feeding them with food I think their polyp can catch but response not very gd. I tried cyclops, instant algae, red plankton, lobster eggs. All no response. But they seems to take the detrius i stir up from my sanbed. Not gd to stir up yr sandbed. I did this just to see the response from the sea fan.

I am looking for purple rod. It is a seafan/gorgonian purple body, brown polyp. Photosynthetic due to the brown polyp. Can only be found at the carribean.

Maybe one of u diver can collect for me. haha

Wei :)