Bought a blue tang from a reefer. Was told that the bt with him for 6mth+ healthy n ich free. After i got him for a few days, now suddenly saw it was cover with white spot. Can it be the case, healthy and ich free for 6 mth and now suddenly get ich? Can i hypo my dt with corals and inverts? I cant get it out of the tank as i got no way to remove all my rocks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99

Chaeto Refugium

2 x T5

It is quite possible that either your tank or the seller's tank had a new addition/ purchase recently that has trophonts / free swimming theronts. To fully understand ich will require a good understanding of its life cycle. It takes 3-28 days for it to reproduce within the substrate and 48hrs once hatched to find a host. So, a fish can be healthy for a long time, but be exposed to ich just as easily if it is reintroduced in some form.

Fish are also more susceptible to ich when there is a change in environment, a large swing in water parameters, temperature, ph etc etc. That is why it is common in home tanks compared to the wild. Ich is truly a disease that exploits the conditions of captivity to reproduce easily and find suitable hosts.

My advice is not to hypo the dt as it will most certainly result in your coral and inverts dying off on top of the ich parasites for hypo treatment to even be successful

I Love Stagsss

Haiz. Boring. Anyway thanks for the info. Think i can't do much now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99

Chaeto Refugium

2 x T5

What you can do when your fish get ich is , leave it alone , do not induce more stress on it , trying to catch it will worsen its condition. If the fish is still eating and swimming around , means it's still healthy and it just might survive the plague.

If it's not eating and keeping to itself in a corner then the worse is about to come.

Or your could just float a rubber duckie in your tank and hope for the best..

Stairway to Heaven

Ok. Its still eats and swims around as of today. Hope for the best. i'm going to skip all tangs from now on. my previous tank suffer ick attack after adding in a tang too. Think i'm destine not to have any tang Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99

Chaeto Refugium

2 x T5

Best way is still to quarantine any new additions, whether they come from a reefer of LFS. The thing is once any of your fish in the DT has ich, means that the tank is "contaminated" with the ich parasites as long as you have fishes inside.

You have a massive tank and it would be a waste not to have tangs and angels in it. You should consider catching all the fishes and then do the tank transfer method to get rid of the trophonts, then leave your DT fishless for 8 weeks to get rid of all the theronts and tomonts.

That is the problem. I tot if i got from a reefer who has kept for a long while i would be able to skip qt. Anyway as some of the fish is from my old tank which gotten ich before, maybe it came from there too. I have about 20+ small fishes and 3 tangs dun think i can get a place to transfer them into. And also alot of corals which i can't really remove the rocks. Maybe i will get polylab medic to try. Read about pple throwing in garlics. Probably will try too. I already blend sotong, clams, mussels with garlics to feed them. 2day i c the white spot getting less. Hope they will get better

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99

Chaeto Refugium

2 x T5

• SRC Member

So far, only Herbtana produced encouraging results for me. However, nothing beats good water parameters, built-up immunity, and correct stocking levels.

Copper would be best but not reef safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

How's the blue tang mwtan79 ? My powder black tang has recovered from the ich... Got the ich on the 2nd day after I bought him.. Never quarantine . It had a few white spot on the body and a badly thorn fin with a big white ich on it. It's about 5 days now and the ich are gone.

Up to date I have 3 fish recovered from ich. A maroon clown , a yellow tang and this powder black tang.

Never used medication or hypo. Just let it be , minimum stress and feed well.

But I did mix the mysis with ginger powder. Don't know if it plays a part in the recovery.

Stairway to Heaven

How's the blue tang mwtan79 ? My powder black tang has recovered from the ich... Got the ich on the 2nd day after I bought him.. Never quarantine . It had a few white spot on the body and a badly thorn fin with a big white ich on it. It's about 5 days now and the ich are gone.

Up to date I have 3 fish recovered from ich. A maroon clown , a yellow tang and this powder black tang.

Never used medication or hypo. Just let it be , minimum stress and feed well.

But I did mix the mysis with ginger powder. Don't know if it plays a part in the recovery.

Hi Xiggie today seems abit better no torn fin up till now. But was quite bad on sun. Saw a few white spot on the sailfin and yellow tang too. Been feeding them with diy food blended with lots of garlic for the past few day. Today purely feed chop up garlic. They still eat like pigs. Hopefully will recover.

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99

Chaeto Refugium

2 x T5

• SRC Member

Herbtana, very hard to find. Even C328 don't have. I got mine from Nanyang Seaview add it was their last bottle.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Herbtana, very hard to find. Even C328 don't have. I got mine from Nanyang Seaview add it was their last bottle.

Thanks. I contacted gemsurf they have it.

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99

Chaeto Refugium

2 x T5

• SRC Member

Good water parameters and feed them well . They will overcome and they wil be fine .

Btw for ich , I tried octozin . Cannot claim that 100% effective but somehow ich did shy away for weeks . Recently return in small numbers on my BT.

Can it really be ich free in a fish tank. Without using chemical or copper? Just wondering. Imagine if u qt the fish very well and then when u trf the fish to dt, it might be stress too then maybe ich will appear again?

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99

Chaeto Refugium

2 x T5

That is why you need to go fishless in your DT for at least 8 weeks to get rid of any ich parasites. This way you know that your DT is ich free and all you need to do is to make sure any new fish you introduce to your DT goes thru proper quarantine.

Otherwise any fish that is stress out from aggression or any other reason will have a high possibility of getting ich again.

Ic. Thanks for the info. Will do it 1 day if possible.

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99

Chaeto Refugium

2 x T5

Can it really be ich free in a fish tank. Without using chemical or copper? Just wondering. Imagine if u qt the fish very well and then when u trf the fish to dt, it might be stress too then maybe ich will appear again?

Yes, It can be possible if we quarantine all our newly bought Fish for At least 30 days prior to introduction to our main tank.

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

Yes, It can be possible if we quarantine all our newly bought Fish for At least 30 days prior to introduction to our main tank.

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

ok. But if now i already have ich in the tanks do i still need to qt new fishes?

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99

Chaeto Refugium

2 x T5

Thanks for everyones suggestion. Yeah it seems that white spots disappear from all my tangs body. Been feeding them with chop garlic instead of garlic soak food. Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99

Chaeto Refugium

2 x T5

• SRC Member

Thanks for everyones suggestion. Yeah it seems that white spots disappear from all my tangs body. Been feeding them with chop garlic instead of garlic soak food. Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Bro, ur fishes eat chop garlic?..I have heard Reefer feed ginger oso but worry throw in the fish dun eat n will pollute the water..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

Yup my eats them. I juz chop up the garlics got big got small. Then i juz throw very little to test water. The moment i c them eat i juz put in more. Then i juz feed them for a few days. After they eat the garlic then i give some pellets or blended food.

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99

Chaeto Refugium

2 x T5