External skimmer for nano tank

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

I used reef octopus bh1000 for my 15gallon.(2ft w side ios) Overkill but I love it for how much it skimmed.(skimmate as smelly as terrapin's dirty water. :D Where do you prefer the skimmer to be? in the tank or out of tank? Boyu have a few small in tank type but may heat up water due to space size. so need chiller. If no chiller I recommend dymax iq skimmer and choose a pump w stronger air output. Then change ur limewood airstone regularly and if can get sander brand better. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Thanks bro for your replies. My OF 30L tank IOS compartment is too narrow to fit a skimmer and don't like skimmer taking up space in display section of tank. So thinking of getting a nice cool look external skimmer to stand beside the tank.

• SRC Member

Bro andtsg thanks for your recommendation but the return spout won't fit because of maxspect light stand. I can just use an driven woodstone type but didn't like the idea of humming sound of airpump. Think maybe a cool looking out of sump standing skimmer will be the answer.

• SRC Member
I used a bubble magus e3 on my OF nano space previously and it worked very well. Fit nicely into 2 compartments of the IOS with space left over for media like carbon and phosguard
Thanks bro, I thought BM E3 is too big to fit. Do u have pics? Thanks again!

• SRC Member

Didn't keep any pics but it fit for me. I had the 34L version of the Nano Space. I'm using the q3 now and I don't think it'll fit as the outlet is wider than the e3. You can contact Razali from DE Lightings sponsor subforum as he's the BM distributor. Henry, Ah Being and Iwarna should be able to order in for you too if Razali has stock.