Chiller problems

• SRC Member

Hi all,

I'm not sure if it's because the weather is super hot recently or my chiller giving up on me. My tank is a 2 feet cube. Hs28 1/10 chiller driven by a 1200ph dymax powerhead. I placed at the same compartment as my return pump at the last section of my sump. I change the temp to 28 degrees due to the recent hot spell.

The problem is it take a 1 hr 15 mins to cool from 29 to 28 degrees. It takes equally the same time to climb from 28 to 29 before it kick in again. I've clean the filter recently but results are the same.

Is there such a thing as coolant has in chiller that I need to top up and do servicing? Thought of bringing it to bioplast. Don't know if that will help. Oh... My chiller is about 2 years old.

Thanks.

• SRC Member

Hi all,

I'm not sure if it's because the weather is super hot recently or my chiller giving up on me. My tank is a 2 feet cube. Hs28 1/10 chiller driven by a 1200ph dymax powerhead. I placed at the same compartment as my return pump at the last section of my sump. I change the temp to 28 degrees due to the recent hot spell.

The problem is it take a 1 hr 15 mins to cool from 29 to 28 degrees. It takes equally the same time to climb from 28 to 29 before it kick in again. I've clean the filter recently but results are the same.

Is there such a thing as coolant has in chiller that I need to top up and do servicing? Thought of bringing it to bioplast. Don't know if that will help. Oh... My chiller is about 2 years old.

Thanks.

A bit Under power bro.

Can let us know ur chiller pump location and water out frm chiller goes to where ?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

Hi all,

Thanks.

I agree bro, its been super hot off late. My chiller is kicking in more than usual as well. Do let me know if decide to bring your chiller down to bioplast for any servicing, I'm keen to know if the hailea will require any top up or servicing. I read somewhere that the only maintenance others do is just to clean the air intake. Thanks

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Thanks bros, that's what I read, that our aquarium chillers maintenance is just clean filter and spray some cleaning solvent on the parts. When update u if I bring to bioplast.

My chiller pump is next to my return pump. Water sucks and outputs to the same compartment. My modded temp probe is also in the same compartment and the temp is the same in both my Termometer in the sump and the temp shown on the hailea.

• SRC Member

Thanks bros, that's what I read, that our aquarium chillers maintenance is just clean filter and spray some cleaning solvent on the parts. When update u if I bring to bioplast.

My chiller pump is next to my return pump. Water sucks and outputs to the same compartment. My modded temp probe is also in the same compartment and the temp is the same in both my Termometer in the sump and the temp shown on the hailea.

setup Got issue.also.

move the chiller pump to at least 1 compartment before return pump s.

and put ur tempurature probe in display or before chiller pump, or together w chiller pump.

have a try at least it will help a bit.

But Sure ur chiller not enough.

• SRC Member

Get at least a 1/5-1/4hp for your tank size. You will love the efficency

Cheers,

James

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

• SRC Member

Thanks bros. I'll try the suggestions. Upgrading to another chiller need to be on hold though. My lights spoil recently, cannot have too many purchases.

• SRC Member

Bro kkk121, Will it be ok to put the chiller in the same compartment as my skimmer?

yes. Can But closer to the skimmer output area to.get clear water in ur chiller. while water out.frm chiller have to be at next.week compartment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi all,

Just an update. Bioplast does servicing for $85 for my hs28. Job well done I must say. My chiller has responded well since then. And I also shifted the in and out let's if the chiller. ....