My new step up tank

Just curious what size is the chiller and how often and how long does it activiate to cool the water to your desired temp?

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

Nice tank, do you have heat dispersation issue in your cabinet?

Tank setup

4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft (3 way viewing)

ATI Sunpower 6 x 39w

Arctica 1/5Hp

Skimz SM161 skimmer

Smart ATO system

Jebao DC 12k

Jebao dosing pump (Fauna Marine Lite balling - Thinking)

Jebao RW 15 wavemaker

Upgrading in Process.....

More infomation coming soon!

• SRC Member

Nice tank, do you have heat dispersation issue in your cabinet?

never close the door as due to space concern left the chiller inside the cabinet, but night time on aircon off the chiller.

The heat is ok in the day time. I am thinking of linking to external temperature sensor to power off and on the chiller when reach desire temperature

• SRC Member

Just curious what size is the chiller and how often and how long does it activiate to cool the water to your desired temp?

Hailea HS-66A

Power: 1/4HP

220~240V 50Hz Australia Plug

Working Current: 1.8A

Water Refrigerated: 100~800L

Iced Medium: R134a

Rate of Flow: 1000-2500L/H

Size: 435x295x470mm

Capacity: HS-66A can chill 300Litres of water from 28 Celsius degree to 18 Celsius degree after 20 hours continuous operation

the temperaure remain at 25 degree C and the chiller keep running never stop

Would this mean that the chiller is under powered??

1.5' Cube | Overflow Box | 1' Sump with filter sock and 3L bacteria king | Eheim 1000 return pump | BM 3.5 | Sunsun JVP-110 wavemaker | Full spectrum Par38

May be the heat from his chiller heat up the sump wate coz as I see most heat will trap inside the cabinet even though the door leave it open.so the water will not reach the desire temperature and the chiller keep running lo. My own opinion.

Imo, 23 or 24 is too cold.. depend your coral origin from where.. our region about 26. So no need to go 23 or 24. Can save up electricity also ma. My 2 cent worth.