Creepy Crawler

• SRC Member

Hi there,

Would appreciate if anyone could help me identify. Theres white tiny bug-like creatures crawling on the glass of my tank. Can anyone help

I have a 2ft tank with a power head (with attached filter) and a skimmer. I'm new to this and my tank have only LR with crabs, cowrie and worms that comes with the LR. I'm adding liquid bacteria everyday since 12th jan and is currently running the tank till it reaches 36 days.

My water specs are as follows

pH - 8.3

temp - 74F

SG - 1.023

ammonia - < 0.25

nitrite < 0.25

Will adding cleaner shrimp help??

Please help!

:blink:

Hi there,

could be your testing kid not sensitive enough?

regards-fooyl

Previous Tank 3 x 2.5 x 2 ft since year 2005. 23 Jan 2009 fully decom my 3ft. Now only left 24"x14"x16" and I am very happy cos can see all my fish in near range.. haha

• SRC Member

I also thinking.. the problem more serious now is why is there a need for 36 days cycling? Why isn't the ammonia and nitrite 0 by now? ..

those white insect should be copepods or some other pods.. harmless creatures.. infact good source of food for many fishes.

Hope they are not isopods.. you can test by putting food in it.. they usually rush towards food.. other pods do not.. they rely more on LRs (Coralline and stuff)

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
actually ammonia and nitrite is 0...coz was in office when i posted the thread...wasnt so sure then...sorry abt that...

anyway i tried arcanehacker's way....the creatures didnt respond to that....so i suppose its harmless ya?

one thing also.. isopods can get really huge.. other pods are very small..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

Bro, take it from me, when you have a 2 feet tanks, trying stocking up fishes and corals real slowly.... u can't rush, the no2 and no3 will shoot up! And it's best you keep only about 4-5 fishes... :)

Also, dun feed more than 1 cube of frozen food daily... :)

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Bro, take it from me, when you have a 2 feet tanks, trying stocking up fishes and corals real slowly.... u can't rush, the no2 and no3 will shoot up! And it's best you keep only about 4-5 fishes... :)

Also, dun feed more than 1 cube of frozen food daily... :)

Vincent Ho

alright thanks alot....anyway i juz added 1 damsel into the tank to run...looks quite lively :thanks::thanks: