Power shutdown

harlo

My block will be doing some cable maintenance and will be shutting down power supply for 3hours. The thing is I'm at work and will not be at home during the shutdown. Any advise what can I do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buy those air pump with battery back up and use them on that day. Or use ups. However, base on personal experience, the shutdown may cause tripping and u have to manual reset to get power. Therefore always good to have someone to chk thereafter. Also, get the officer in charge contact to get updates as the time given is indicative only. Hope this help.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

or get the UPS from the Comex and run the wave maker with the return pump

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

Bro,

I encounter the same as you 2 times due to electrical maintenance.

Got to drill at least 1 time by powering off the whole tank.

Make sure your return pump won't flow back causing overflow and flooding from sump. This is crucial bro else we can find the floor flooded.

For me since I am using Vortech pump, I bought the backup battery so that the water is still well aerated during shutdown. Otherwise, got to buy air pump as suggested by bro Solo77. The reason is because without properly moving or aerating the water, as the live stock breath they take out oxygen and produce co2. The water become acidic and depraved from oxygen. For fish they may still be able to go to surface and gaping but for corals they will die.

• SRC Member

The problem with UPS is that the power do not last long. I have checked, most only hold power about 10 mins.

Simlim got sell those lead acid battery. Can use to power dymax fan to agitate water surface.

po2a.gif

rent this for a day. tannery lane.

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

• SRC Member

Water circulation and agitation is important..a couple of air pumps with a air stone... For temperature put 500ML bottles filled with water into the freezer and once freeze leave them in the tank before you leave..that will maintain the temp..refer to tank size for bottle quantity Best of best a generator or just good old Medical leave.. Wish you luck..

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html