bubble magus 5 overflowing

Arronpsw

I recently purchased the bm5 and today is the first time I've turned it on. within 10s it would fill up the cup and overflow even on the lowest setting. its stilling at 7" of water which is below what is recommended between 9 to 11". I'm totally lost and I need some help. anyone know why it's like this? how do I resolve this

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Got valve max 1 2 3 min for u to adjust. Got adjust?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

for bubble magus when it is at minimum setting , the valve is set to close and the water level at the highest . that's why it is over flowing .

when it is at maximum setting the valve is actually set to open .

it is kinda of opposite .

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

Adjust the valve to Max... If it still overflows, shift the skimmer and push this portion against the glass...

52fde8b7754aa6a0e96d72ed8833d16c.jpg

Adjust the position of the skimmer bit by bit until the desired level... Maybe it's still breaking in... Give it some time... I've had good experience with BM skimmers...

I tried adjusting it to the max already, still overflowing. I thought my skimmer was spoilt so I tried placing it into newly mix salt water, the skimmer didn't overflow at all even at min. immediately when I placed it back into the sump, it overflows again not water what water lvl or what setting

• SRC Member

Just let the skimmer run. Take off the collecting head. Tmr confirm okay liao. The skimmer knows u anxious to start adding livestocks so its playing with u.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

Is your skimmer at the recommended water level liao?

Try putting ur skimmer at a diff compartment of your sump so that water entering your skimmer is not that fast/ slow?

Possible to adjust your collection cup to higher so that the bubbles (water) has to travel higher and will lost its speed?

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

Hi bro, raise the level of skimmer by placing a plastic box underneath, like Tupperware etc.. Your water level might too high. I had the same problem before. Once your water mature, slowly adjust the knob to the prefer level and remove your plastic box.

185 Gallons - 5ft tank since nov 2013

When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain