Worms in LR

jesperlam

Hi,

What kind of worms do you see in your tank? Do you have a pix? Most reefers now a days will try not retain whatever live attached to your LR unless it is Nasties (Pest that will harm your existing stock). If however, they are living harmoniously with your live stock - I would'nt loose my sleep over it. ;)

If fact, I have a unknown crab and several unknown worms and some other nocturnal animals coming out at night after I switch off all lights. I believe this is what nature is all about and the reason of us getting LR instead of dead rocks. :D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
spotted a 10cm long collarworm in my tank. should i try to get rid of it?

ah!....did a check on collarworm and found this!! :yeah:

Collar Worm

Family Eunicidae

This characteristic worm is common on reefs, reaching lengths of up to 20cm. They are omnivores. Unlike the related nereid worms, they have only two eyes, not four.

My tank has this too...is it harmful?...anyone? :huh:

• SRC Member
Worms are actually good. They eat you fish poops and keep your water quality better. I probably have 20-50 worms in my LR. If it doesn't bother you, keep it in there.

wow!!! :o

20-50 worms!!! you're sure a worm lover bro!!! :eyeblur:

anyway got any idea of any worms that will cause damge??

Hi guys,

please describe the appearance of the worm. I spotted 2 hairy worms in my tank.

I think one of them is trying to eat my snail!!!!

what is the best way to kill them?

Please advise.

regards-fooyl

Previous Tank 3 x 2.5 x 2 ft since year 2005. 23 Jan 2009 fully decom my 3ft. Now only left 24"x14"x16" and I am very happy cos can see all my fish in near range.. haha

Most LR have a lots of worms in there. Wake up at 3am and use the Army torchlight with the Red screen and watch your tank. You probably can spot at least 10 worms from your LR.

Flatworms is bad. It will feed on corals, but this worm normally don't come with LR. Do a search.

Sometimes Bristleworm can grow too long and becomes a nuisance. In that case, just use a tweezer to pick it up and throw it into the Chinese herbs soup. Should be quite nutritious :lol:

But serious, worms is vital is a natural ecosystem. It clean up my sandbeds too.

• SRC Member
Hi there,

Need to ask if the worms in the LR will affect the tank??

If yes then how to remove them when my tank is already up and running??

there's quite a few worms in my LR at the moment.

Bristleworm is oso a good scavenger. ;) I only remove them if they got too big. ;)

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!