SRC business and entrepreneur club

ml708

• SRC Member

Hi, I want to check how many of you are have a small business, or are planning to start one. Its always great to network with fellow reefers!

Would be nice to know what business you are in/planning to go into!

• SRC Member

Im currently selling some not so common light bulbs. Planning to start an iPhone app soon. Hopefully can generate some side income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds interesting, what are those bulbs for?

• SRC Member

Just some decorative type bulbs. Www.thebulbgarage.com

How bout you guys?

wow, your bulbs sure look groovy!

I'm thinking of going into orchid culture and marine aquaculture. Currently looking for partners

• SRC Member
Yeah they are called edison lights bulbs. Wow looks like a big project you have. I'm sure some guys on this forum interested in that Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha now I'm thinking of starting a small project locally. Investment is not substantial.

• SRC Member

For me it's all about getting extra cash flow and not large capital gains. Just started working a few years so slowly increasing the inflows. And starting these small projects is fun

yeah, couldn't agree more. its more about learning how to run a business at this stage.

• SRC Member

Having a hobby turned into an income is always a good thing, having been there myself once.

But the journey is tough, especially so if there are no other sources of income. But the experience and lessons learnt can never be bought with any amount of cash.

definitely, bottom line is that there still are bills to be paid. some sort of passive income is essential if one is to run a startup full time.

not to say I'm pessimistic or what, but my idea is that when people go into a business, they must go in with the mindset of being prepared to lose whatever money they have sunk in, instead of dreaming big from the get go. always unforeseen bottlenecks and stuff especially when one is new in the biz.

Having a hobby turned into an income is always a good thing, having been there myself once.

But the journey is tough, especially so if there are no other sources of income. But the experience and lessons learnt can never be bought with any amount of cash.

Care to share what u were in to?