Skimmer issues n ETC

• SRC Member

Its Been 3 months plus since i've setup my tank. Till this day , my skimmer hasnt skimmed anything. My fishes are healthy and active , and i fed 2X daily ( HenryReefGourmet n flakes ) . I havent had any algae issues either.

My tank mates : 2 normal Clowns , 2 Maroon Clowns ( 4inch & 1inchplus ) , 1 naso tang (3inch) , blue tang (3 inch ) , hermit crab .

SKimmer : Euro Reef RS80.

There isnt much foaming in the neck of the skimmer . I've a IOS tank & the water goes through this filter process :

normal filter wool > Carbon Filter wool > Activated Carbon Pellet > Skimmer

i'm wondering if the carbon is actually affecting the skimmer production.

I mean its great that my fishes are doing good despite the situation of the skimmer. But i wan to noe if i should change my skimmer or just let tis be and wait till something actually takes place? ( idk wat also ) ..

Any bros to advice me? Tired googling my issues but still cnt figure out anything.

• SRC Member

Any pic of ur tank & setup & the skimmer?

SG too low, incorrect setting, incorrect height placement, etc affect skimming..

Anyway, there's successful reefing setup without skimmer..:) cheers & happy reefing..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

Hmm.. Any chance of swooping the skimmer and carbon location?

I wouldn't just remove the carbon. In case something really happens.

Your skimmer's water level might be causing the issue too. Where's the top of the bubbling getting to within the skimmer?

• SRC Member

My skimmer's bubbles reach almost to the rim.. But the foam doesnt overflow . Recently i just wiped a little black paste-like stuff in the inner part of the rim.. Does tis mean tat the skimmer is working but there isn't much for it to skim due to the carbon wool n pellets