Help needed on reactor

Sherilyn91

• SRC Member

I have got a aqua medic sr400 and hr400 from a reefer..

They are linked together.. Can I change to biopallet and rowas? Anyone know if it's possible? Will they have any chemical reaction if link together?

I undestand that sr-400 and hr-400 are linked due to some reaction..

post-23838-1418139942518_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Supporter

Biopellets need much higher flow to tumble than rowaphos. Hence I don't think they should not be linked directly for that reason. Not so much about chemical reaction.

Mine are "linked" where part of the output of the bio pellet reactor goes to the rowaphos reactor. The rest goes back to sump. Water flow controlled via valves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

I wish I can help, my reactor come with a pump and the flow can be adjust. Just make sure the pellet tumble will do. They attach mine with a power head lollllll

• SRC Member

One way is to connect them in pararrel, using a T Joint and valve to control the flow.

The other way is to get the bio pallet XL which does not require tumbling. Then output of this can be connected to rowophas.

For me, i run two FR with bio pallets XL and biosphere seperately in each FR.

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Supporter

I tap off the water from my return pump to run the reactors. From what I read, if you use a dedicated pump, about 600-1500/hr pumps are typically used.

You want the bio pellets to tumble else they will stick together.

I also read from BRS website that tumbling helps keep the pellet free of bio film.

For rowaphos, the particles are very light. A small flow rate is sufficient.

There are videos on youtube about the 'right' level of tumbling.

• SRC Member

Biopellets need much higher flow to tumble than rowaphos. Hence I don't think they should not be linked directly for that reason. Not so much about chemical reaction.

Mine are "linked" where part of the output of the bio pellet reactor goes to the rowaphos reactor. The rest goes back to sump. Water flow controlled via valves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bro if u have biopallet and rowa do u still need Cheato?

• SRC Member

I tap off the water from my return pump to run the reactors. From what I read, if you use a dedicated pump, about 600-1500/hr pumps are typically used.

You want the bio pellets to tumble else they will stick together.

I also read from BRS website that tumbling helps keep the pellet free of bio film.

For rowaphos, the particles are very light. A small flow rate is sufficient.

There are videos on youtube about the 'right' level of tumbling.

Thanks! Haha

Do take note that Aquamedic has indicated that these reactors should not have a flow rate exceeding 1000L/hr. It may be because of the intended use, but it may also be because the reactors are not built to withstand the pressure. Either way I wouldn't risk piping anything more then 900-1000L into those reactors. :)

• SRC Supporter

Bro if u have biopallet and rowa do u still need Cheato?

Yes, I have Cheato but that's more for a place for pods to grow (trying to get a bigger population of large amphipods for my mandarin)

Not so much for nutrient export. My gut feel tells me that reactors are more effective

• SRC Member

One tip for using rowaphos in reactor, you can buy the TLF FR plastic sheet with tiny holes (<$10) and cut it to ur reactor size to prevent rowaphos from leaking into ur tank. To play safe, you can also add in a thin sheet of filter wood before and after ur rowaphos.

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

One tip for using rowaphos in reactor, you can buy the TLF FR plastic sheet with tiny holes (<$10) and cut it to ur reactor size to prevent rowaphos from leaking into ur tank. To play safe, you can also add in a thin sheet of filter wood before and after ur rowaphos.

Noted bro.. Where can I get tt sheet? Thanks!