What anemones eat??

Boltthrower

• SRC Member

Guys! I heard that anemones eat small cut prawns rite?? I gave them small bite size pieces but they refuse to eat and I could still c the prawn meat covered with mucus the next day. I was wondering whether there are other options? Do they eat phyto or pellets or any form of food that I can get from lfs?? Any recommendations?? pls help. Thk u.

• SRC Member

depending on size. they may still filter feed if they are small. Else bigger ones feed them frozen food like mysis, brine shrimps.

And have lots of lights..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

bro u can feed them wif brine shrimps or mysis shrimps

wat i do is i defroze the cube then use a spoon to put them in the water and because of the water circulation in my tank is strong the food will somehow reach them

the other food u can feed them is planton

u can also try to feed them using a food tablet by sera (brand) it is a green tablet jaz pop one in the tank and let it dissolve

• SRC Member

If ur anemone refuse to eat small prawns, just leave it alone. Mine dont eat. Already more than 5 mths and still very healthy. Magnificent anemone dont eat mostly as their tentacles feed them. But u have to have a very strong lighting. another of my anemone, Heteractis Malu eats everyday and it dont need very strong lighting.

U have to find out what kind of anemone is urs then search for infos on the web.

• SRC Member
Guys! I heard that anemones eat small cut prawns rite?? I gave them small bite size pieces but they refuse to eat and I could still c the prawn meat covered with mucus the next day. I was wondering whether there are other options? Do they eat phyto or pellets or any form of food that I can get from lfs?? Any recommendations?? pls help. Thk u.

I feed them small cut prawn dip in garlic guard, small anemone or big anemone both eat them. If they refuse to eat stave them a few days and try again.

• SRC Member

no idea marine snow works as mine seems not. they are not good as looks.

Im now searching for another brand but have to survey first. No idea why LFS dont give sample, hehe