3 x 1.5 x 1.5 amateur mixed reef

schnitzer44

Place your Anemone at an area where the flow is low. And if possible, in crevices which they can fit into. They do not like their body to be exposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The position they are sitting at is kind of a blind spot between the wavemaker and return piping so flow should be pretty low.. As for temp, maybe i try doing at 26 or so..did that before and the chiller kicks in very often thats y i had it change to abt 27.

What I read is that Everytime they molt they will become pregnant. But without another shrimp to fertilize the eggs, they will just become food for the other fishes when released.

From what I read, Shrimps are female when they molt and that's why have eggs. When their shell is hard, they will be male. So it's like a dual sex thingy.

Yes bro last week i saw a body shell at my wavemaker and i thought siao liao one shrimp got sucked in..but no leh it actually molted. And yes i do have a pair of them.

Shall see what happens next...i used to have a freshwater cherry red shrimps and they reproduce like nobody's business man..but i guess this kind is different.

Couple of days back few of my reefing buddies here went chiong-ing and bought on my behalf,"read: just bought without asking me", a powderblue tang and...a durian.

Well the PBT have got one of the nicest colouring and marking i seen recently while sourcing for it. About 3-3.5 incher, healthy and started nipping on algae once i let it in.

Also bought a tiny 2 incher cute little blue tang...nice fella

post-23389-0-64632900-1421466296_thumb.j

post-23389-0-49730800-1421466309_thumb.j

Finally confirmed my customised tankset!

Will be having a new thread once its up.

As of this 3ft tank, i will miss this tank soon. A nice couple have bought over this tankset together with my razor.

Will be letting go some soft corals soon.

Cheers!

Looking forward to your new tank build.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

3rd feb, carpenter will be coming over to fix up the cabinet base.

4th feb, tank and sump will arrive and will be diy-ing the pipings with some help of the old birds here...

5th feb, cfm no leak liao wait for nsw to be filled up.

Specs

-Main tank: 2.5ft all round cube tank (12mm normal glass)

-Sump tank: 32inch x 20inch x 16inch x8mm thick with 4 partitions. (Credits to bro Red Devil for designing over two plate of chicken rice)

-Full height cabinet

Equipments

-AI Hydra and supplement with 2 x T5

-Deltec Ap600 with Eheim 1250 and Aquabee2000 (using back old set til i can get my hands on a 1455)

-Vortech Mp10wes wavemaker

-Jebao wp25 and wp10 wavemaker

-Adv reef FR with Eheim 1000 compact

-Dymax UV filter

-Tunze osmolator auto top off

-Artica 1/3 hp chiler

-Return pump........still looking for a suitable one like Eheim 1262. Currently have a 1260 which i believe will be underpowered.

-Dosing pump........waiting for my Jebao DP4 to arrive.....

Most equipments will be used back so nothing fantastic to shout about...no high end stuffs.

Just hope i can keep the tank alive and not sacrifice any live stocks which is the most important point.

Wish me luck man...!

• 2 weeks later...