What happen to my fish?

• SRC Member

Hi is anyone can help solve this probkem? Last week i have change my water and bought 2 fish. A few day my fish one by one die . Actually this not the first time it happen it ordy been a few wk so i wonderin anyone here can help me whatvis goin on?

• SRC Member

Water change regularly.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Hi bro i am no pro just started too. Nitrate i believe below 20ppm will be just as good. I read an article via google sorry dont have the link liao. doing consistent 20% water change every other day will help to reduce it. Dont add fishy yet ah

• SRC Member

Hi bro i am no pro just started too. Nitrate i believe below 20ppm will be just as good. I read an article via google sorry dont have the link liao. doing consistent 20% water change every other day will help to reduce it. Dont add fishy yet ah

Thank bro.

• SRC Member

How to get the biofuel?

AM should sell the Brightwell Biofuel. Was there yesterday but Ah Heng from that shop informed that if I am keeping Zoas and softies, 10ppm for nitrate is okay.

If I keep it lower than this, Zoas and some softies do not open so well.

So I am keeping it on hold. But I am using the Bio-pellet to generate the necessary bacteria to maintain this nitrate level.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi Guys, I have just completed my cycling for my 4 feet tank using a 3yr old bacteria king bought from a TOTQ reefer. I have just added in 3 LPS corals, 2 cleaner shrimps, and 1 small-size six line wrasse, yesterday. However, my skimmer pump is spoiled(bought second hand), can I know what would be the survival rate if I only add in skimmer by next week? (I will do minimal feeding and no more adding livestock until skimmer is functional). Any advise?

• SRC Member

Hi Guys, I have just completed my cycling for my 4 feet tank using a 3yr old bacteria king bought from a TOTQ reefer. I have just added in 3 LPS corals, 2 cleaner shrimps, and 1 small-size six line wrasse, yesterday. However, my skimmer pump is spoiled(bought second hand), can I know what would be the survival rate if I only add in skimmer by next week? (I will do minimal feeding and no more adding livestock until skimmer is functional). Any advise?

Most probably no effect. the one that may go is the cleaner shrimps. MAYonly if your nitrates spike too fast and too high. which if you carry out what you said you will, minimal feeding and such, wont happen.

Although if anything dies inside, you would instantaneously correlate it to your lack of skimmer.

Btw, have you tried cleaning the skimmer pump? sometimes its just the impeller got something stuck. or sometimes need to just on/off the pump a few times to "kickstart" the pump.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

Most probably no effect. the one that may go is the cleaner shrimps. MAYonly if your nitrates spike too fast and too high. which if you carry out what you said you will, minimal feeding and such, wont happen.

Although if anything dies inside, you would instantaneously correlate it to your lack of skimmer.

Btw, have you tried cleaning the skimmer pump? sometimes its just the impeller got something stuck. or sometimes need to just on/off the pump a few times to "kickstart" the pump.

Hi Bro Bombom, yah, I hope the livestocks and the corals will be fine until I add a skimmer next week. they are all feeding, although I feed minimal to ensure they got makan amply n each feed.

As for the skimmer pump, yup, I had tried all ways liao, the Aquabee pump just went rattling heavily with no water movement expelled out from the pump when submerged. Even with only turning on the power will hear super loud rattling noise, which I guess the wheel is not turning, or kena stuck. I have thus sent it back to whom I have bought it second hand from(one of the sponsor) last week, to make some repair. Hope he can get back to me today.

• SRC Member

Hi Bro Bombom, yah, I hope the livestocks and the corals will be fine until I add a skimmer next week. they are all feeding, although I feed minimal to ensure they got makan amply n each feed.

As for the skimmer pump, yup, I had tried all ways liao, the Aquabee pump just went rattling heavily with no water movement expelled out from the pump when submerged. Even with only turning on the power will hear super loud rattling noise, which I guess the wheel is not turning, or kena stuck. I have thus sent it back to whom I have bought it second hand from(one of the sponsor) last week, to make some repair. Hope he can get back to me today.

Yep hope u get it up soon. Best of luck. :thumbsup:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.