New to reef noob quesion and video

Davian Pepper

• SRC Member

Hi guys, sorry im a newbie.

Just jump ship from freshwater. I purchase liverocks from lfs.. Slowly day by day i always see some creatures on the liverock.

First i found a mantis shrimp, removed cos some bros says its not good for pico tank.

Then today i found this worm.. As below vid.

Anyone can advise me to kill it or it is a nice worm to keep?

Pico 10L Fluval Spec 3 with 1.3kg LR and 1palm size anemone and 1 palm size star polyps.

Thanks for help guys.

• SRC Member

My advise is to bleach your rocks clean before you putting anything inside your tank. I had a couples of hitchikers eating away my clams and corals. Hard lesson learnt

Hi guys, sorry im a newbie.

Just jump ship from freshwater. I purchase liverocks from lfs.. Slowly day by day i always see some creatures on the liverock.

First i found a mantis shrimp, removed cos some bros says its not good for pico tank.

Then today i found this worm.. As below vid.

Anyone can advise me to kill it or it is a nice worm to keep?

Pico 10L Fluval Spec 3 with 1.3kg LR and 1palm size anemone and 1 palm size star polyps.

Thanks for help guys.

Hi, it is Bobbit worm, non safe for your livestock. Cheers

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

If i bleach the liverock then the color will be gone?

I like the color.. This is how small my tank is..

If i use kiap kiap to kiap it out u all think ok?

try trap it, don't break it, they will reproduce asexually. end up become more of them. Cheers

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Use fresh water flush out as in soak in freshwater?

If you know which hole or which part of the LR it is in, you could try flowing fresh water into that hole or around that area for maybe 10-30sec. Might be able to flush it out or make it appear from another hole, then use tweezer to remove it. Depends on luck. But if its able to move safely away from that soaked area, it won't come out, then you will have to submerge the whole LR in freshwater. Yes, it will likely kill your LR.

One other more unconventional way you could try.

Instead of using freshwater, use a mixture of Tank Water with Hydrogen Peroxide(H2O2). 50% water 50% H2O2.

Some say this will still kill Coraline Algae and the good bacteria in the LR, but some says it is safe. I dunno which party is right, but that's what I myself is using to clear nuisance algae or flush bristle worms out now.

Do note that if you do opt to use this mixture, after treatment it is best to soak the LR in Tank Water for a while to dilute before putting back into your tank. As some invertabrates are less tolerant to it.

Above just for consideration.

Decide for yourself and apply at own risk ok.

• SRC Member

Dottyback thanks for your advise. Tonight im gonna do the old man way to hook it out using a shrimp meat and small hook. I will take video of the process.

If i get it out successfully, i will post the vid in here. If not i will use trap like the above bro mention.

Die die cannot then i soak the LR liao.

Soak LR in fresh water the color patches on the LR will fade?

• SRC Member

Thanks bros.. As advised by you guys, i plushed put the bobbit worm alreadybuaing fresh water. I soak the liverock in the freah water 5sec, the worm came dashing out. Once its out i pull them out and then around 1 foot long came out.

Thanks guys. Hope that my live rock is atill alive without anymore mantia shrimp and bobbit.