anybody here knows how to make a i-box or overflow

five for fighting

I personally think that 2mm is way too thin. It's rather risky. Acrylic is very strong but it needs to be of a certain thickness for the appropriate project. The joining of a 2mm thick acrylic is not strong. The surface area to join is just too little.

Just my opinion.

:peace:

My box's side joints are reinforced with corner strips which are waterproof and strong. Anyway my box does not carry that much water. Total size is 13cm x 10cm x 23cm (LxWxH).

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

Support SRC's sponsors! :)

Come on, it's not very nice to tell everyone that you took Ian's I-box design to a fabricator to duplicate it... no shame! *tsk tsk*! :rolleyes:

I made my Ibox or overflow box months before I know Ivan is doing it. I didn't take Ivan's design and made it myself. I learned it from the internet and there are so many sites suggesting various designs.

Anyway, those who doesn't know the principle of overflow and try to make their own is at their own risk. Ivan's design is nicer and can change the water level.

I even calculated the minimum size or dimension required for my overflow based on the designed flowrate. :D

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

I gave my Ibox dimensions to an acrylic maker at kaki bukit. Charge me $25 only for 2mm thickness box.

Ah... a miscommunication then?

You should have said... an overflow box... instead of 'ibox'.

Everyone reading it would have thought you meant Ian's ibox.

Or are you saying that you have built your own version of Microsoft's Ibox? :lol: