For AT and moderators.

aStRoBo|

• SRC Member

For reefer nick that was niceee, thank you for putting me aeroplane yesterday. This is what happened. We agree on a sales. We agree to meet yesterday. When i was on my way to meet him, i called him, smsed him, he did not reply.He still replies 1hr ago b4 we met. So i just carry on my way as i was in the train already. When i reach the meeting place, i called him again, he nv pick up his phone. Even b4 yesterday, i called him, he wont pick up the call, he just replies to sms.So i thought the deal was still on as he replied my sms. Yesterday, he did not turn up.Btw, it was raining heavily for the whole day as we know. I hereby request AT boss or the moderators ban him or warn him. He's irresponsible. I also suggest to open a thread to put a list of irresponsible people to let our fellow reefers to take note. Thank you.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

so sad that these people exist.. I've been there but abit different story from yours.. If you dun call or SMS them, you wouldn't even know if they are coming..

Its common courtesy to call or sms informing the seller/buyer that you are late or can't make it OR EVEN dun want to buy it already (even if it is the last minute!!).. Dun waste people's time.. :angry:

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

actually from what i noticed, generally, i mean generally,

those irresponsible acts or disappearing acts tend to come from those who are very new here....meaning not much posts...maybe just *suka suka* register a nick here and dun feel paiseh to do this kinda pranks

no offense to those really sincere new reefers....but maybe those reefers selling things should take note when such new reefers approach them to buy the stuff

of coz there are older reefers with many posts who would do such things as well....and there are new reefers with not many posts that are responsible....

but generally, this is what i observe :)

• SRC Member

ya, i must really say sorry to Vinoth bro, cos that time reserve a tank from him, but due to cant find transport and family object, so i PM him and tell him i cannot buy from him. :bow: at least take the initiative to inform people you cant complete the sales, and not suka suka happy dont tell u.

ga051025.gif

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

The pasar malam serves as a platform for hobbyist to trade or to sell off unwanted items- as such the deals or agreements are made between individual parties be it privately by PM or in the open forum.

SRC cannot bear the responsibility of every single sale posted by members. We do remove commercial post ASAP.

i'm sure there are others waiting in line to get the item if you repost that the item is still available.

It is unfair to ban or warn him due to a private deal gone wrong between 2 members.

It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to complete the transaction .

• SRC Member

Bawater, so it's correct for them to go out faking others?And you quoted, unfair to him, then is it really doing me justice? Wasting my time going out to meet them in heavy rain?I enjoyed other sales with other bros here, but no that was niceee. I'm just making a suggestion to setup a thread to post those irresponsible people.And in the first place, why do we still need such irresponsible reefer in the forum? Please treat this as a discussion, no flaming needed.

ga051025.gif

av-24.gif

• SRC Member
ya, i must really say sorry to Vinoth bro, cos that time reserve a tank from him, but due to cant find transport and family object, so i PM him and tell him i cannot buy from him. :bow: at least take the initiative to inform people you cant complete the sales, and not suka suka happy dont tell u.

No hard feelings bro. Its ok.

May be a buyer/seller rating will do any good?

• SRC Member

No hard feelings bro. Its ok.

May be a buyer/seller rating will do any good?

what?.. another coloured rating bar at the bottom of the nick but now visible to everyone? :P

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

aStRoBo|,

There is something you can do, posting his nick isn't as useful as posting his name and mobile number here.

nick can simply change, but not the mobile number. so we can take note if the same person appear to us.

Tank 4x2x2.5

very true....mobile will be a direct hit...

i have a few numbers to contribute liao <_< hehehe

maybe not to condemn the person lah..maybe really got super good reason to vanish lor....

the objective here is not to retaliate against the no-show but to serve as warning/guide to other reefers dealing with these no-shows in future :)

• SRC Member
aStRoBo|,

There is something you can do, posting his nick isn't as useful as posting his name and mobile number here.

nick can simply change, but not the mobile number. so we can take note if the same person appear to us.

I have to wait till the Mods finalise b4 posting the hp number. I have no say, absolutely no say in this forum.

ga051025.gif

av-24.gif

Maybe should include address verification in the registration. So if anyone shoot aeroplane, we can request the mods to release the address, and we can go and hang pig head, or fish head on his door : P

• SRC Member

well.. have me fair share of ppl who send me on a plane ride to Holland... but i guess this is the real world we dealing here... not all reefers or should i say buyers have honest intentions.. guess no matter where we go.. there will also be this bunch of black sheep who will spoil it for the rest of us...

posting their names and mobiles also dont help very much... that also can change one... maybe next time get them to pay a deposit first... and if they dont turn up to get it.. then at least you have the deposit....

names dun help much...they can give any ah gao ah mao name......but mobiles will be a great inconvenience for them to change..

i think a list of no-shows will greatly discourage such acts.....

i can see those who aeroplane me before, shivering now :evil::lol:

but such lists could be moderated...wat maybe we could do is to send such complains/feedback to moderators like AT and then let him wait for response from the other party and let the moderators decide if indeed this guy is guilty of such aeroplane acts and then publish out the controlled list...

• SRC Member

Ya, cos we have EQ, and people abuse them. Agree with Benz.. Mods, pls monitor the results in the poll. Thank you. Alrite ppl, will see how mods react to this. Thank you fellow refeers. :thanks:

ga051025.gif

av-24.gif

I don't agree with this kind of "aeroplane" behaviour.

However, if we understand how a business deal is struck, the buyer and seller must be responsible for their own actions. It's strictly between them.

IMHO, as a forum, we are not bound to "police" these business transactions, unlike CASE. Let's ask ourselves what's our bottomline in this forum...

Are we supposed to blacklist people? - what gives us the right to post people's personal details to warn others?

Please, the interest of this forum is for sincere reefers to share and acquire knowledge, in order to advance our hobby, NOT buy/sell things. Sure, we can facilitate...but that's about it, right?

A fairly new reefer.

Agree that it is not for SRC to police such activities!

The aeroplane list is good for buyers and sellers to be wary of whom they are potentially dealing with eg "frequent aeroplane buyers or sellers". If they chose to proceed, it is entirely at their own risk.

This will not stop people from putting aeroplane but will minimize such activities. I personally would not want to deal with such people! Will be very angry and irratated if it happens to me. <_<

I

it would be an ideal situation if we could list them for cross reference without blacklisting them....funny isn't it

listing them out = blacklisting liao....

maybe after several complains of the same person/number involved then the moderators can list them out publicly, meanwhile maybe all complains should be sent to moderators instead of public...

but patgohch also has a point in the publishing of personal details...but then again, it is precisely this behaviour of being too *considerate* to think of their inconveniences when we publish their details that lead them to be bolder in causing our inconveniences by vanishing into thin air :lol:

so, why should we convenience them to make them inconvenience us? :P hehe