WTB: Ozone generator

• SRC Member
Hi Guys, do any of you happen to have a unit lying around unused? Need an ozone generator to help combat ICH. Very very depressed seeing my tangs full of ICH. Kan cheong liao...

Any of you have it?

Hi Bro : B)

Try garlic extreme or make some garlic juice yourself . its helps!!!

GOOD luck!!! :rolleyes:

rgds

REEFSHARK <:}}}}><

As fish are caught in a cruel net or birds are taken in a snare,so men are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them.Ecc 9:12

• SRC Member

Yup , will pipe the ozone output to skimmer and also will connect the ozone generator to a orp controller to ensure that it will not overdose. Going for setting of 50/hr only..considering flowrate of skimmer is over 4000L/hr and water volume of about 1000L. Should be harmless at that levels..

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

I really do not recomend using a ozone generator. It has not proven to be effective against ich.

If you adjust it to be able to kill ich, it will also kill everything else.

Ozone is highly reactive and can corrode all the air tubings, PVC or acrylic plastic which is not ozone safe. It makes them brittle.

A good ozone set comes with a ORP monitor to control the release of ozone. It is difficult to use and spoils easily.

ICH happens and is part of marine environment. If your tang doesn't survive the ich, it won't even when you use the ozone. It only delays the inevitable.

Feeding them well and ensuring good water conditions is the best you can do for them.

Reduce ph to less than 7.7 and salinity to about 1.017 if you really must try something. extreme low salinity kills ich. But their eggs will still survive.

• SRC Member

Ozone is safe if one knows how to use it....there are no signs of ich in my reef system with the lowest dosage I am using which is at 15 milligrams controlled by my redox controller set at 350 mv (milli volts )

Life is still going on in my DSB and sump area as usual for 6 months already since I set my new tank up.

Use the right tubings and don't go overboard with the dosage and everything will be fine.... :D 50 milli volts and above you need to watch for a strong odour smell as it starts it's sterilizing and oxidizing effects.

To make your ozonizer last a long time please get an air dryer to protect the unit from humidity that's considered very high here on our island.

Believe me it kills it for good with long term use...firm believer in the ozone application. Water quality has never been this super...... :D

• SRC Member

If i'm not wrong, the water output from the skimmer should run through activated carbon to absorb the residual O3. If not, it's gonna burn your fish's gills.

From what I heard, ozone really improves water clarity and more effective than UV sterilizer. But never heard that it can be used to combat ich. I susgest you try the primative method of using garlic soaked food. Usually, that works. Ich also shows the health status of your fishes esp tangs.

my 2 cents though...

cheers.

• SRC Member
If i'm not wrong, the water output from the skimmer should run through activated carbon to absorb the residual O3. If not, it's gonna burn your fish's gills.

From what I heard, ozone really improves water clarity and more effective than UV sterilizer. But never heard that it can be used to combat ich. I susgest you try the primative method of using garlic soaked food. Usually, that works. Ich also shows the health status of your fishes esp tangs.

my 2 cents though...

cheers.

overall everything applies when keeping a nice reef system....ozone is a plus sign and an advantage if one is able to take into account. All maintenance and husbandry skills should not go slack just because one has purchased an ozonizer and that includes a good diet for your fishes and inverts too..... ;)

• SRC Member
I'm thinking of getting one unit myself but a unit with orp is pretty expensive. Wouldn't mind getting a 2nd hand one.

you can get the one without the redox controller but it's more safer getting the combined set. Pricing wise it has dropped since I bought mine..... :cry2: It's alot cheaper by at least $200.00 less for the RedSea Aquazone Deluxe Plus 200.

post-10-1078900619.jpg

• SRC Member

At super low dosage that we are using, its not harmful to humans.. it only gets harmful when you use those industrial ozone generators. Just to be double safe, make sure the room is not closed up but rather well ventilated.

Ozone is even generated when u r using power tools/blenders etc etc so i dunt think it is that dangerous when doing it in ultra low dosage..

• SRC Member

Ozone breaks up and return to 02 within a few sec if im not wrong. Carbon should be used to absorb the residual ozone for the safety of our fishes and us. Hendry uses ozone for his tubs and the water is crystal clear.

If i'm not wrong, the price of red sea controller with orp is $300+.