My Marine Tank 2ft (l) x 1.5ft (h) x 1ft (d) [1+ year]

kt107

Hi everyone. Just to share what I have built over the 1+ year, after reading and learning from many people's posts here in this forum.

My tank is a 2ft (l) x 1.5ft (h) x 1ft (d) that was converted from a FW setup. Everything is getting on track after the initial hiccups and failures. Had 1 crash after the first month. Manage to recover after that and this current set up has been stable for the last 7-8 months. I have been adding corals ever since. I like what I saw in Sea Life in Clementi when some of the tanks have this messy, natural look with tiny corners for small corals and inverts to hide and live in. Trying to do the same here.

Equipment:

Eheim canister (with Azoo 4-in-1 Active Filter Media; Biospheres; Purigen; Activated Carbon), connected to a Artica chiller.

+ 2 handon filters that contains Cheatos (they do away algae very well. Think they produce copepods too)

+ 2 Sicce Voyager Nano wavemakers on both sides (alternating with a controller)

+ 1 Tunze Nano Skimmer

+ AI Hydra 52 LED

+ pH meter

Corals:

Liverocks with coral chips as substrate (initially regretted after reading about they trapping debris, but after 1 year, seems alright. Adds to the messy look!)

1 x bubble

1 x hammer

1 x Elegant

1 x torch

3 x Acan

2 x Duncan (2 heads developing 1 more head each)

Many mushrooms

Many Zoas (no idea what their names are)

2 x Sea Fans (the one in the background died when I first started and I left it there, the 2 seen here are going well)

2 x coco worms (1 red; 1 red and white)

3 x feather dusters

3 kinds of polys (including starburst)

1 cup

1 button

1 brain

1 folded brain

1 sun

1 frogspawn

1 glove

1 galaxy

1 xmas tree rock (with 1 xmas tree, :( )

+ some creatures that I do not really have names...

Livestock:

3 x Red Saddle Clownfish (the largest one has a great personality!)

1 x Sailfin Tang

1 x Dottyback

1 x Royal Gamma

2 x Green Mandarins

1 x Red Spotted Goby

2 x turbo snails

2 x anemones (normal, 1 white + 1 purple)

1 x tube anemone

1 x luminous yellow tiny anemone (don't know what's the name)

some sexy anemone shrimps

Routine:

Weekend: 20% water change per week + Dosing of pH buffer, Polylab RF-Fuel, Red Slime Stain Remover (great for removing red slime) + Water Life bacteria (direct through the inlet of the canister) + Continuum Reef Part A and Part B (not sure what these do, add them anyway)

Mid-week: water top up + RF-Genesis, RF-Plus, RF-Acid

Feeding:

Daily: twice with flakes + Dr G Copepod Max + Frozen Mysis (target feeding the corals)

Weekend: Brine shrimps + Live copepod if I can get some

post-20088-0-63429800-1426606155_thumb.j

post-20088-0-34383100-1426606165_thumb.j

Bro, u adding red slime remover every wk as ur maint routine?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Bro, u adding red slime remover every wk as ur maint routine?

Yes. Is it necessary? I just thought it can help to keep the red slime that used to plaque my zoas and duncan free from those stuff.

Yes. Is it necessary? I just thought it can help to keep the red slime that used to plaque my zoas and duncan free from those stuff.

No need, dose once to get rid of cyano is enough. No need to keep on dosing. If u getting cyano every now and then u hv to look at ur nutrients levels. U overdosing all the gd stuff!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

No need, dose once to get rid of cyano is enough. No need to keep on dosing. If u getting cyano every now and then u hv to look at ur nutrients levels. U overdosing all the gd stuff!!

Thanks. I shall not dose for a week and monitor. I suppose to sustain such a tank with so much livestock, the nutrients levels will be quite high. BTW I'm really bad at those chemical kits to measure the different kinds of nutrients. Those strips of indicators are more convenient but I supposed they are not as accurate. I remember I gave up after I staring at the instructions just to measure calcium...

Thanks. I shall not dose for a week and monitor. I suppose to sustain such a tank with so much livestock, the nutrients levels will be quite high. BTW I'm really bad at those chemical kits to measure the different kinds of nutrients. Those strips of indicators are more convenient but I supposed they are not as accurate. I remember I gave up after I staring at the instructions just to measure calcium...

It's really easy to use once u get the hang of it. Most reefers use salifert, easy to use, not expensive and accurate.