Where to buy dogs/pups?

NgaoCi

• SRC Member

Farms are cheap in prices unless it is rare breed and I suggest you not going to the illegal breeders...they only want quick bucks and the broods may not be healthy in their quest for profits... :(

• SRC Member
flubberina13 Posted on Mar 10 2004, 10:36 PM

Farms are cheap in prices unless it is rare breed and I suggest you not going to the illegal breeders...they only want quick bucks and teh brood may not be healthy in their quest for profits... 

Some of those shop actually brought from home breeder at a lower price and then resell them out..

the end result is still the same sometimes, the home breeder sell the dog to the shop and then from the shop goes to the buyer. Just that the buyer had to pay alot more compare to getting directly from the home breeder.

mine's from Australia :lol::lol::lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
actually i have seen some farms treat the puppies very badly last time....and had more chances to see some home breeders that actually take alot of care and pride in their puppies...

so it depends lor....some home breeders are out to make a fast buck...

whereas some are really dedicated and caring :)

True...true...I do agree...

I personally know of a home breeder couple who are very ethical and has integrity... :P

oops...am I putting my foot into my mouth!? :o:huh:

farms generally are in it for the business, to them, the puppies are just commodities....and the puppies are lucky they are not dumped around like some LFS dump the fishes on the floor...tat's simply because the puppies can fetch a higher price...

whereas home breeders generally are people who love dogs in the first place and they are excited, happy and overjoyed to be able to share the happiness during the process of puppy-bearing with their dogs....

they tend to spend more quality time/love with their dogs and puppies than the commercial dog-business people...

to the farms, dogs are just work.....to dog lovers, dogs are a great part of life out of work....tat's the difference...hehe

• SRC Member

So do I get from farms or from home breeders? :huh:

btw, do you guys know how do i get myself started should I really wanna import the pup in?(any url to recommend? wat are the procedures?)

for imported pups, what are the risk that is associated with it? at the end of the day, is it better to buy locally or from overseas?

i cannot forget what i saw 6 years ago in a lorong halus dog farm, it was an early sunday morning before all the crowds came...say about 7am or 8am....can't remember...i was the only one there...

i think they got so used to seeing me that when one puppy...poodle if i am not wrong, was barking and barking, one guy lifted it up with one leg and then threw the whole puppy down on the cement floor...quite a distance i must say :sick:

and puppy must have been traumatised after that :cry:

imagine what they do when we are not around

6 years later, now, i still cannot forget.....

So do I get from farms or from home breeders? :huh:

btw, do you guys know how do i get myself started should I really wanna import the pup in?(any url to recommend? wat are the procedures?)

for imported pups, what are the risk that is associated with it? at the end of the day, is it better to buy locally or from overseas?

if u are getting unusual breeds...no choice but to head for farms..but if common breeds....you can consider getting from homes...tat's my personal view

• SRC Member

if u are getting unusual breeds...no choice but to head for farms..but if common breeds....you can consider getting from homes...tat's my personal view

Have been searching for the past weeks, cant seem to be able to find any Boston Terrier.... :(

• SRC Member
if just for companion, i'll get a stable puppy from a loving family....

definitely beats getting a puppy who have to undergo so many transitions, geographical dislocation, sometimes traumatic situations, before ending up with you...

how come you always think faster than me? :angry:

sob...sob...can't be helped...my brain older than yours so think slower... :lol::lol::lol:

Age is catching up... :rolleyes:

Hi,

Does anyone has any online shops or pet shops to recomend for getting pups/dogs?

Thanks.

Hi,

Maybe can try Pick a Pet? I went to d one @ Holland V (Pet Lovers) seems to have a wide range of puppies and d puppies look healthy and well taken care off.

Btw, y would u 1 2 look 4 puppies around 6 mths old? Tot better 2 get a younger puppy so that u will be able to train them easily? Just my personally opinion.

• SRC Member
hehehe..jie...no lah..

just that my fingers faster abit...

maybe we think of the same thing equally fast...

just that my thoughts to words conversion slightly faster? hehehe

*fastest finger first* :lol:

he trying to say I'm a nimcumpoot? :huh:

Dimwit? Numbskull? Ignoramus? Moron? Copycat!!!??? :shock::erm:

haha...we are digressing and turning Ngaoci's thread into rojak again?

beware...wait kanna 'ee-org-ee-org' from the mods... :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Hi,

Maybe can try Pick a Pet? I went to d one @ Holland V (Pet Lovers) seems to have a wide range of puppies and d puppies look healthy and well taken care off.

Btw, y would u 1 2 look 4 puppies around 6 mths old? Tot better 2 get a younger puppy so that u will be able to train them easily? Just my personally opinion.

ok..will try to dropby this weekend, went to pet safari and this pet shop along the shop houses near to parkway parade..not much selection though...