Fish becoming small and thin

• SRC Member

No I am not new to the hobby.. However something strange.. My Anthia looks like he is becoming thinner. My female damsels (two became male) seem to have reduced size.. Am sure my eyes are not playing tricks.. Am feeding all fish proper and the tang have grown and so have clowns. Any ideas?

• SRC Member

Don't think so mate.. Have a lot of pods in the tank as well. Also the fish are feeding normal.. Don't think feeding is an issue. Feed the tangs algae and then introduce pellets or misys which they eat. Also doubt anyone can out compete my damsels. Handful and active. No signs of disease so not worried. Just curious.

• SRC Member

All fishes growth rate r different..those grow faster will make those grow slow look like they have shrink..to share my vlamingi & unicorn tangs make my AT look so small n thin but in actual fact my AT is growing too..my yellow wrasse make my bluehead wrasse look small n thin too.. to summarize, if all fishes r active & feeding well, no worries..cheers :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

The cue is the stomach. If your fish stomach is round and solid then it shall be fine. A fish can be eaten well but its body might not absord any nutritent due to parasites thus its stomach is important.

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

The cue is the stomach. If your fish stomach is round and solid then it shall be fine. A fish can be eaten well but its body might not absord any nutritent due to parasites thus its stomach is important.

I second this..the stomach must not be concave after a month with him feeding..my experience is a clown tang that feed mysis but stomach n body still thin..he eventually rip after 2 months..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos