Algae growth LED

Bro Xiggie, the local shop at AMK said they don't sell plants/Algae growth LEDs. I have thus placed order with the Hongkong seller you recommended, minutes ago. Really hope to receive the set soon and get the DIY Algae scrubber up in my sump the soonest! I will do an update to you guys here too when I'm hands on. Thumbs up for your sharing.

Bro FinBir, that means you are DIYing something like the UAS, right? Actually, me too leh, I was trying to simulate Santa Monica's Upflow scrubber due to my limited space constraint. But after I heard that Bro Xiggie already did all all of the above, and found his final Floating DIY scrubber most effective was making me doubtful whether if I should still go ahead with my planned UAS. *haha*
But in anyway, I believe no matter what it is, we can always do modification here and there.

Finbir you are getting slime algae , which could indicate low lighting , i use to get this kinda algae until I changed to the 660nm LEDs. But you are already using the 660nm , quite puzzling that you are still getting weak slime.

How is the no3/po4 of your tank so far? Are u feeding your tank well or holding back on feeding?

UAS is the best scrubber coz it's underwater and is in full maximum contact with the water, just that algae will grow on the glass , that's the downside..

Stairway to Heaven

• SRC Member

I used to get that algae with pl lights but I've gotten long stringy green algae after switching to 660nm LEDs. I used a par38 plant growlight. At first the algae was slimy but after the first clean up, the stringy type of algae took over instead

Hi Xiggie,

The pics r of my filter as of today. The inhabitants r pretty healthy. Feeding's done daily. But it's bin

like this since day one , whether using SM's 1st scrubber or the current one.

Maybe it's 'cos I don't use a chiller? But the water temp's normal s I'm using just a Jebao RW 15 n

the main part of my sump is actually 3' plus x 2'.