Ich outbreak

• SRC Member

Bro, how many days to quarantine normally before u introduce to the dt

4 weeks would be ideal. Anything lesser than 2 weeks is pointless even if you stock doesn't show sign of ick. I experienced once with PBT; took shortcut and QT for 2 weeks. Resulting outbreak in my DT

For QT just use a ios or hob filter for 4 week is most safe la. (i dont have the patient anymore). Although people say use the water from main tank, i will still reduce salinity to 1.017 around there to kill disease. Dont need a big tank but if is tang then u need give more oxygen haha.

• SRC Member

having battle with ich, the only 2 ways to cure ich is either copper or hypo at 1.09. Feeding garlic, installing uv doesnt work for me at all. For people who tried UV n still kena ich issue will know. People who say UV work usually just read from webby. When a fish kena infected by ich, sometimes even copper will be too late to save it.

• SRC Member

Chloroquine phosphate works too and isn't as harsh on the fish as copper. UV will only work to control ich outbreak but won't cure ich, as not all the ich parasites will suspend in the water and go through the UV to be zapped

• SRC Member

having battle with ich, the only 2 ways to cure ich is either copper or hypo at 1.09. Feeding garlic, installing uv doesnt work for me at all. For people who tried UV n still kena ich issue will know. People who say UV work usually just read from webby. When a fish kena infected by ich, sometimes even copper will be too late to save it.

Ermmm... Just to clarify, it's 1.009, not 1.09...

Angel Keeper