114G new tank Que

Hi ppl .

As seen on the internet everyone is saying that adding salt in a pail with pump mix for 24 hrs . Measure what ever needs to be measure than your ok to add water in tank

I currenly have 2 x 114G tank and if i follow the steps as stated its going to take me very long time to fill up both tank.

Is it possible to add fresh water into tank than add in salt and power head and let it run maybe 48 hrs? than once reaches desire salt amount than turn on my filter pump to start cycle the tank?

Please kindly enlighten :)

I won't recommend cause surely there will be salt that not dissolve. You can take the risk ! Maybe every hour you mix the water . Or put a wave maker but there still going be dead zone. Maybe you should get seawater and slowly make water change with salt :)

This is a signature : hi

Hi ppl .

As seen on the internet everyone is saying that adding salt in a pail with pump mix for 24 hrs . Measure what ever needs to be measure than your ok to add water in tank

I currenly have 2 x 114G tank and if i follow the steps as stated its going to take me very long time to fill up both tank.

Is it possible to add fresh water into tank than add in salt and power head and let it run maybe 48 hrs? than once reaches desire salt amount than turn on my filter pump to start cycle the tank?

Please kindly enlighten :)

I did that, not a problem. Jus out waters wave maker or return pump u have to increase the circulation. Got mine all dissolve within a day

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

Thanks guys !

Cant wait for new house to come so can set up my newbie tank for clowns hahaah!!!