IM Fusion 10 owners

Patrick

• SRC Member

hi, can elaborate on how you sliced the propeller in half to reduce the flow? I think the rw4 has a low flow mode too rite?

Hey JMW, I took the RW4 apart and use a penknife to cut the propeller blades but also trimming the edges so that the edges rounded, just like the original propeller. I had it on it's lowest settings but it's still blow my sand off. Now the flow is just nice and if i want bigger flow, I can still turn the speed up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Anybody has a refugium at the back sump? Thinking of adding some chaeto to have more coepods. Any advice or ideas?

considered it before, but didn't cos that would need me to peel off the black layer for a light to shine thru. Of course, can also have the light shine straight down from the top, but it's too small a surface area IMO..

so what I'm currently doing is an 'in-tank fuge'  where a portion of my tank is for macroalgae. Several disadvantages though - can't run reverse-cycle lighting for the algae, can't use red LEDs, etc

• SRC Member

considered it before, but didn't cos that would need me to peel off the black layer for a light to shine thru. Of course, can also have the light shine straight down from the top, but it's too small a surface area IMO..

so what I'm currently doing is an 'in-tank fuge'  where a portion of my tank is for macroalgae. Several disadvantages though - can't run reverse-cycle lighting for the algae, can't use red LEDs, etc

nice!!! share some photos bro!! Lets keep this topic active =)

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi guys, been considering a chiller as the weather is crazy these days.. My tank hits 29deg in the afternoon, am targeting maintaining temp of 28deg.

is the Al-30 a good chiller for our tank volume?

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
On 05/05/2016 at 6:59 AM, JMW said:

Hi guys, been considering a chiller as the weather is crazy these days.. My tank hits 29deg in the afternoon, am targeting maintaining temp of 28deg.

is the Al-30 a good chiller for our tank volume?

image.jpeg

Hey JMW! Yes definitely need a chiller, its too warm in singapore! I'm not sure how much can the AL-30 bring down but I got the AL-60 and its working great! Mine is set at 25deg. Its safer to get something that can lower the temperature more rather than get stuck if u can only lower 1-3deg of your tank. Keep us updated fellow reefer. Cheers!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
Hi brothers, no thread for innovative marine 30L
Enjoying my innovative marine tank with its accessories. cool product so far!
Hope all your tanks are doing well!

How about for IM 25g...below is mine 4.5 mths old32f25940d807b7097ed3ff7cd836180b.jpg

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app