I got myself a Chelidonura varians!

Achilles Tang

I did a massive nuclear attack on my red planaria (flatworms) with Salifert Flatworm Exit a few weeks ago but a few survived the nuclear fallout and is multiplying again.

I must have killed tens of thousands but I'll tell that story another time. ;)

Marinelife came in a few Chelidonura varians, which are known to eat flatworms and I got myself there in a hurry today after Henry opened shop after a long break!

My Chelidonura varians is now in my tank and happily chomping down on flatworms!!

I have a video of it vacuuming down flatworms.... and it's WAY COOL!!!!!

Flatworm sufferers who have tried chemical treatments but still have survivors who have become resistant to further treatments can try a biological control means with Chelidonura varians!

Take a look!!

In this video, you can see two big flatworms moving downwards, the one on the left is on the glass and away from the nudibranch. The one on the right and on the rock becomes the first victim. Notice how the nudibranch suddenly smells the flatworm, rears up its head to the left and comes down hard on it... I can see the mouth vacuuming in the flatworm in a split second...!

The nudibranch then moves up slightly and eats a smaller flatworm to his right that tried to flee away!

It moves up again and whacks a tiny ones further up.

Makan time!!! Two pratanaria kosong! Fish curry please! :lol:

• SRC Supporter

Excellent... so you finally got them....

Hmmmm..... so we did managed to ID thos critters correctly...

Now comes the more difficult task.... and that is to keep them alive after they wipe out those pests of yours....

Ever thought of keeping some of the flatworms alive in a isolated system so as to ensure a continous supply of food....

Cos... these nudis are not regular features in the LFS here..... ;)

I think you can click on the link, save as... and view the downloaded file in a viewer that you blow up to full screen for a better THX experience... you can almost hear the flatworm scream in terror... a silent scream. :lol:

Hi Mike, ... around $10?

Joe_p, well... I do intend to pass it around to fellow flatworm victims... once the food supply runs out in my tank. ;)

Which I don't know when because I don't know many survivors there are in my tank!

• SRC Supporter
Hi Mike, ... around $10?

Joe_p, well... I do intend to pass it around to fellow flatworm victims... once the food supply runs out in my tank. ;)

Which I don't know when because I don't know many survivors there are in my tank!

EVer consider starting a flatworm culture....???? :lol::lol::lol: