Case of the missing shrimps

• SRC Member

Bought two common dancing shrimps of about 3cm size on Saturday. Best I could identify from photos is "Crustacea; Decapoda; Rhynchocinetidae". Able to see them clinging to side and sometimes underside of rocks for first few hours.

Thereafter, the rest of Saturday till Monday morning, no trace of them. :cry2: Any advice from the gurus :bow: or perhap Sherlock Holmes :idea: to find solve the case ? Thanks. :thanks:

• SRC Member

Eaten by hitchhiking crabs from the LR?

I also had a blue coral banded shrimp, was eating fine and few days later mysteriously vanish into thin air. I suspect the crabs attacked it at night, was a small specimen of slightly less than 1inch.

Bought two common dancing shrimps of about 3cm size on Saturday. Best I could identify from photos is "Crustacea; Decapoda; Rhynchocinetidae". Able to see them clinging to side and sometimes underside of rocks for first few hours.

Thereafter, the rest of Saturday till Monday morning, no trace of them. :cry2: Any advice from the gurus :bow: or perhap Sherlock Holmes :idea: to find solve the case ? Thanks. :thanks:

what livestock do you have in your tank... And any hitchhiker like crab or mantis may find them easy meal ;););)

• SRC Member

Mine is a relatively new tank.

My humble beginnings ;) - only LS is one Pajama Cardinalfish and one False Percula Clownfish.

Over the last one to two weeks, caught using "Brands Chicken Essence" bottle a total of three small crabs. :lol::lol:

Mine is a relatively new tank.

My humble beginnings ;) - only LS is one Pajama Cardinalfish and one False Percula Clownfish.

Over the last one to two weeks, caught using "Brands Chicken Essence" bottle a total of three small crabs. :lol::lol:

Then it could be crabs or mantis

I'm not sure this case is because of the harmless hitchhiker from your LR, in my tank there is plenty of small to medium size crab, shrimp and bristle star. As long as you don't introduce mantis shrimp to your tank i don't think the other are harm to the LS. I even put back the medium size "hairy crab" and 2 pistol shrimp, but all of them never eat and even prove kill any of my fish or shrimp. I have 3 small dancing/###### shrimp, 2 mated boxing shrimp, 1 fire shrimp, and 2 peppermint shrimp.