Piston Shrimps

• SRC Member
someone suggested to smash it and then let your shrimps to do the rest. Would u do that? LOL.

someone said he collects them so give to him? Perhaps he is the real smasher?

smash pistol?? :blink:

snuffalapagues : make sure its not mantis u release back into the tank :)

Pistol shrimp are actually quite blind, and because of their sight problem, they form special relationship with certain fishes from the goby family and aglae benny. The pistol bring food for the fish and the fish warned the shrimp of danger.

The pistol shrimp like to dig and shift the sand to build a burrow and search for food and in a way help in the filtration. The only problem is that it like to shoot water from its pincer to make a sharp shooting sound that can be heard from your living room to your bedroom during the night.

I have not encountered any loss of ls eversince I put in a pistol shrimp into my tank, but the shrimp always hide itself both day and night.

• SRC Member
someone suggested to smash it and then let your shrimps to do the rest. Would u do that? LOL.

someone said he collects them so give to him? Perhaps he is the real smasher?

why would you want to do that when they are reef and fish safe? ... just leave them in the tank.. they are scavengers so could help with the leftovers.

I think its me mentioning about peeling crabs into small pieces and feeding it to the fishes and shrimps.. :P

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/