Wat happens to specky pple

wedgee

• SRC Member

Hey pro diver pple out here, i got a silly question, b4 i start my first classroom session...

Wat happens to pple like me who wear contact lenses? Issit ok to dive with lenses in our eyes? Or do we need to have "spectacled" diving gear? :lol:

• SRC Member

Don't dive with contacts. You can, but you have to remember to close your eyes when you have to flood and flush your mask. But the main reason i don't suggest it is if for what ever reason you lose your mask in-water, you want to be able to at least open your eyes be able to see a where it is....

Best option is to get a prescribed mask set to your normal specs degree.

With myopia of that degree... your wife has no choice but to use contact lens and even that is no guarantee that she'll be able to see well underwater.

I dive with contact lenses. People who are rich can go for Lazik treatments! :lol:

• SRC Member

Sigh after reading through much info from finsonline, I guess its generally true we gotta use contacts for diving (dono wat is the maximum 'degree' that soft lens can go though). Dont wana incur more costs for the special masks or affect our current mask by using inserts...

Thanx alot guys appreciate it...

Lasik, man, dont start sia, my heart jumps a beat when i hear the costs of gettin it done... :ph34r:

• SRC Member

I dive with contacts on.. But be sure to close ur eyes when flooding ur mask man.. I've had my contacts floating in my mask once... damn sianz... Lucky my degree not that high.. still can see.

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
I dive with contacts on.. But be sure to close ur eyes when flooding ur mask man.. I've had my contacts floating in my mask once... damn sianz... Lucky my degree not that high.. still can see.

hahah... floating in the mask, still got chance to recover.... if float in the sea..... BYE BYE .... :cry:

• SRC Member

there is no presciption lens for such a high degree of myopia

Lens for mask can juz buy those kind of 2 windows masks and juz go to the normal spectacle shops to make it. Buttt ask the shop if tat mask is suitable for making lens 1st hon...

• SRC Member
With myopia of that degree... your wife has no choice but to use contact lens and even that is no guarantee that she'll be able to see well underwater.

I dive with contact lenses. People who are rich can go for Lazik treatments! :lol:

Don't need to be rich for lasik lah.... JB has an established lasik clinic that do both eyes for around $3600 - IN RINGIT!!! Could not believe when I first heard it. Two of people I know have gone for it and they are happy with the process. Am thinking to go for it as well.... :) But first appointment to test if your eyes are suitable has a wait list of a couple of months if its on a weekend.

Web link is below. **** I am not linked to them in anyway**** (to avoid any misunderstanding...)

http://www.optimax.com.my/about_optimax_mission.htm

By the way... I now use daily disposable lens when snorkelling as well.

• SRC Member

I know of friends after lazik ops still have really sensitive eyes after several years..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/