Dive Gear List.

Guinness

• SRC Member

Carrying on from the "Maintaining Dive Gear thread" .....

Noticed ppl mentioning that they are bringing an overload of equipment on their dives. Would ppl care to list the items they actually bring? I'll start the ball rolling.

Regulator: too many to list

ScubaPro Jetfins

Aqualung mask

simple cotton gloves (use and throw!)

basic knife

Toshiba torch (nites or deep)

Sea&Sea Motormarine II (cam) if the mood takes me.

• SRC Member

Think can omit the obvious. You need mask and regulator right ? :P

I'm still new to diving. So the only additional i bring is sausage, glove, and a camera.

No computer, no knife no torch yet. Maybe in the near future. Then I will start looking like a Xmas tree :lol:

• SRC Member

The list of items i bring

1. BCD

2. Dive Knife

3. Slate (inside BCD)

4. SMB aka Sausage (with BCD)

5. Tusa visualator mask

5. snorkel

6. Jetfins

7. weight belt pouch

8. SP Gloves

9. Booties

10. Dive torch

11. Mesh pouch to keep little items like tank banger, suntan lotion etc (not using already)

12. dive hood :ph34r::fear:

13. Mesh bag to house all this crap.

All these items already is killing me when crossing back to SG customs.. they are freaking heavy... :angry:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Think can omit the obvious. You need mask and regulator right ? :P

I'm still new to diving. So the only additional i bring is sausage, glove, and a camera.

No computer, no knife no torch yet. Maybe in the near future. Then I will start looking like a Xmas tree :lol:

norman, u seen me in my dive outfit.. i feel like a xmas tree already...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

I hate carrying the equipments.

Anyway, here is my dive gear list

a. Oceanic BCD (Back Floatation)

b. Apollo Bio Regulator, Octopus and pressure gauge only

c. Scuba Pro thin frame mask

d. Snorkle

e. Mesh Bag

f. Regulator bag

g. Shorties

h. Weight belt

i. Mossie Dive Comp

j. UK Underwater torch

k. Jetfins (heaviest of all equipment)

l. Booties

Mine.

Besides the usual gear like BCD, mask, fins, weight belt, booties, gloves, weights, dive comp...

My Canon G2 in Ikelite underwater housing.

I bring along a dive torch (Light Cannon), spare torch (Neon orange PrincetonTec Rage) clipped to my BCD.

A slate but I usually let my wife carry it coz she likes to talk a lot (underwater also). :evil:

I carry a stainless steel prod (for moving myself away from corals, for pointing out stuff to other people, as a camera 'tripod' or 'singlepod' hahaha, ... or for tank banging).

A reef hook on string (for anchoring myself on the rock when the current gets too strong)

Ball Tank banger.

SMB... (kenna stun or left behind in my last destination.)

So you can imagine, I do look like a christmas tree... :lol:

• SRC Member

Here my list. Really regard buying Reg and BCD, should have stick to renting.

1) Mares Mask.

2) Mares Proton Ice.

3) Zeagles BCD.

4) Dive Torch.

5) Mosquito (dont leave home without it)

6) Mares Volo Fin.

7) Weight Belt.

8) Cannon Ixus V2 with underwater casing.

9) Mesh Bag for all the a/m.

10) Dry bag for my clothings.

• SRC Member
AT,

Whats this reef hook you talking abt ? Sound interesting. Might want it for myself too.. Hate strong current :angry:

norman,

did u see my SS probe which is doubled up as reef hook? that is how i told AT how to DIY... :D

• SRC Member
The list of items i bring

1. BCD

2. Dive Knife

3. Slate (inside BCD)

4. SMB aka Sausage (with BCD)

5. Tusa visualator mask

5. snorkel

6. Jetfins

7. weight belt pouch

8. SP Gloves

9. Booties

10. Dive torch

11. Mesh pouch to keep little items like tank banger, suntan lotion etc (not using already)

12. dive hood :ph34r::fear:

13. Mesh bag to house all this crap.

All these items already is killing me when crossing back to SG customs.. they are freaking heavy... :angry:

i forgot my dive watch and computer.. hehehe.. :lol:

dragttg,

i know what u mean when u say that u regreted buying the BCD and regs.. although i dun have regs and contemplating to get poseidon set, the only worry in my mind is the maintenance cost per yr and then the freaking weight that i have to carry when going thru customs.

During the dives, u have the luxury of owning your own gear and can improve and enjoy your dives, but the washing of gear is a killer when u reach home.

Also, u have to consider keeping them properly in between dives as some idiots just pushed my BCD (causing scratches to inflator hose and my bcd) aside coz they want to use the new tanks nearer to the exit point. :angry: I do my housekeeping immediately after removing my BCD upon boarding the boat. i understand that if i do not do my housekeeping, if my equipment gets damaged, it is my fault. Still cannot find the freaking idiot :angry:

• SRC Member

norman,

did u see my SS probe which is doubled up as reef hook? that is how i told AT how to DIY... :D

hmm i saw your SS probe but never have a closer look. Show me one day. Not during trip day i hope :P

lucky i never rig up near the exit hahaa... so i m off the hook from kel's clutches :P

• SRC Member

hmm i saw your SS probe but never have a closer look. Show me one day. Not during trip day i hope :P

lucky i never rig up near the exit hahaa... so i m off the hook from kel's clutches :P

just remember to add some weights to your cam.. it is too + buoyant!!!... hahahah..

My Reef Hook is basically a metal rod bend to an 'S" shape with an eye at the end so I can attach a lanyard that I can clip to my D-ring with.

I stick the reef hook into a rock and I can 'fly like a kite' without having to use my hands to hold on to something. Good for taking photos in high current.

• SRC Member
I got a few if u want. used those kind of pork hanging hook make 1. can give u 1

hahahha.. that one also can... :lol: winner..