Survivor: Nicholas's 2.5 ft Tank

nicholasloh

• SRC Member

Hello!

I decided to post up my tank to increase my no. of posts to date. B)

And now that i got a digi cam, why not show some of my tank off.

After many disasters, my tank is finally quite ok! :D

I started in Dec so u do the Maths ok.

Dun ask me the specs.

I know nothing, i just know i got actinic light, filter, protein skimmer.

thats all lah!

Here's my tank big pic!

post-34-1080053009.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Sorry the pic is the smallest i can go.

Here's my fish stock:

------

GOBY

------

2 Sleeper

2 Engineer

--------

CLOWN

--------

1 Tomato

1 Orange Skunk

--------

TANG

--------

1 Naso

--------

Damsel

-------------

1 G.Chromis

1 3-stripe

1 4-stripe

----------

WRASSE

---------

1 4-spot

---------

Peosdochromis

--------------

Strawberry

AND 2 FIRE SHRIMP.

Heres a pic:

Plate Coral

post-34-1080053347.jpg

• SRC Member

Hey dude...

I don't mean to be a wet blanket or anything but there's some serious problems with your setup. How much research have you done before you started this tank?

Quote:

"Dun ask me the specs.

thats all lah!"

Just this statement alone sorta alarms me and i'm sure many others in this forum as well. Do you know what your water parameters are? It's really important that you are aware of what these parameters are as they will determine the long term health of your corals and fishes. And having that much live stock in your tank in only 3 months since it was setup is a lil too quick....your tank needs to mature to handle the Bio Load (it's the capability of the tanks bacteria to process the waste that is being produced by your livestock in your tank)

And one more thing, 11 FISHES in a 2.5 feet tank?? That my friend is WAYYY too many fishes for that little tank...

At the end of the day, you are of course allowed to do as you please with your tank but if you're in this forum, i'm assuming you are here to learn in someways...so please don't take this post the wrong way....my only concerns are for all your livestock...

do some more research and ask questions if you need to. And do it quick cos i doubt ur tank is going to be able to make it very long with the little that you have supporting it...

good luck...

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
Hey dude...

I don't mean to be a wet blanket or anything but there's some serious problems with your setup. How much research have you done before you started this tank?

Quote:

"Dun ask me the specs.

thats all lah!"

Just this statement alone sorta alarms me and i'm sure many others in this forum as well. Do you know what your water parameters are? It's really important that you are aware of what these parameters are as they will determine the long term health of your corals and fishes. And having that much live stock in your tank in only 3 months since it was setup is a lil too quick....your tank needs to mature to handle the Bio Load (it's the capability of the tanks bacteria to process the waste that is being produced by your livestock in your tank)

And one more thing, 11 FISHES in a 2.5 feet tank?? That my friend is WAYYY too many fishes for that little tank...

At the end of the day, you are of course allowed to do as you please with your tank but if you're in this forum, i'm assuming you are here to learn in someways...so please don't take this post the wrong way....my only concerns are for all your livestock...

do some more research and ask questions if you need to. And do it quick cos i doubt ur tank is going to be able to make it very long with the little that you have supporting it...

good luck...

ATTN: southpaw23!!!

Excuse me!!!

I have done lots of research in fact. I know my water parameters very well. Wat i mean is, dun ask me abt brands. Cos i dun buy brands. And I've also got a 2 tube white actinic.

And hello!!! Maybe you should check some things out first. The number of post is a good way to start. I do post LOTS of queries and even help some ppl out! And i dun juz comment and critic <_<

I think 11 fishes are ok, cause i found out that my fishes arew generally smaller than others, who keep tangs and more tangs.

And a pt to make. My tank have lasted for 4 months. If u think i dun know anything, wouldnt my fishtank be in the storeroom rite now???

OH! and regarding the research u ask me to do, I'm sorry, but i am actually doing a project on it! If you had looked around, u would have noticed my topic on finding a mentor for it.

Here's a D'OH and a DUH for you!

Have a nice day! :D

Note: Messing with the Shii-devil :evil: 's fan is not allowed in Singapore!!!

• SRC Member

Erm, i'm not siding anyone but i just can't help but comment on what you have just said to southpaw23 and i believe others would agree.

Yes, you have 11fishes now, they maybe small right now and the filtration system can handle. But have you taken into consideration fish will grow? As they grow, they'll add more load to the filtration system. Watch out bro.. not much room for mistakes. :nuke:

Number of post isn't a good thing to use to judge someone <_<

Did you know that kept properly, corals potentially can outlive us? Keeping a tank for 4months doesn't mean a thing IMO :lol: . With that kind of bioload you got, 1 small mistake can cause a chain reaction.