My little new 3 footer...

RAV-65

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 5 :

No3 still very high, very little or no improvement at all, cutting back more food... my poor fish :( ... Haven't got time to go NTUC, tink I may have to start some kind of refugium, luckily my sump has got provision for it!! :lol:

AZ-NO3 Dosage : Using 9ml instead of 6 ml as recommended on the label... :P

Ozone : Still working overtime...

Skmmer : Lots of whitish skimmate ( due to ozone ) but the smell pretty strong!

Magnesium Update : After almost 2 weeks, finally got my Mg level to 1350ppm!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Day 17 :

Didn't post my progress the past 12 days coz was outstationed for 1 week and when I came back, way too busy.... :(

New Combat-No3 measures :

Installed Beckett skimmer in place of H&S skimmer :yeah:

Full-blast ozone :evil:

Reduce feeding some more :sick:

Dosing AZ-No3

Change of water a few times the past few days

Replaced DI cartridge to have "cleaner" water during water change... :(

Siphoning and squirting my sandbed and rocks to rid all the nasty deritus! :angry:

Finally, today the Salifert showed a light shade of pink instead of the angry pink colour I had for the past 3 weeks... reading should be around 35ppm as compared to the uncharted >100ppm the past 3 weeks! :lol:

My cyanrina, seeking refuge in my good friend's tank can finally come home after being away the past few days to avoid the harsh no3 environment!! :yeah::angel:

Target : Less than 10ppm!! :evil:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

hey pal..

can one!!!

so many drastic measures taken..i bet sure can hit even 5ppm only..

dun aim 10....aim 0!!

Yah hor... hahaha... never tink big enough... okay lah... Zero is shall be.... Will be adding another Tunze this weekend to create a typhoon in my 3 footer!!! :evil:

Hopefully, it will help in preventing deritus from gathering and also be conducive for SPS!! Will probably buy a frag or two to experiment... Anyone got nice frags to sell!?!?

Oh yah, 4got, my blastos and rics can come home too liao!! :lol:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Yah hor... hahaha... never tink big enough... okay lah... Zero is shall be.... Will be adding another Tunze this weekend to create a typhoon in my 3 footer!!! :evil:

Hopefully, it will help in preventing deritus from gathering and also be conducive for SPS!! Will probably buy a frag or two to experiment... Anyone got nice frags to sell!?!?

Oh yah, 4got, my blastos and rics can come home too liao!! :lol:

bro. very nice setup you have. it caught my eyes. also pls keep the NO3 war update coming. i'm eagerly monitoring this thread. all the best :peace:

hey too strong...wait LPS cannto tahan..

my elegance and hammer family already protesting...i still trying to find an ideal home for them..

Yeah... mine too small, not much space for movement of the corals... :( Tink my bubbles also not too happy! :(

post-34-1105890976.jpg

congrates..... ;)

a lot of effort put into maintaining water parameter

:thanks: No choice, my cyanrina shrunk till the calcium skeleton can see And i'm so afraid it might not make coz i like it so much... anyway, this episode made me learn lots of new things!!! :lol: Manage to get tips from many people... :thanks:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Hey, it's a big fight there!!!

NO3 problem takes time to solve... root cause might be too high bioload... sometime must make some tough choices.

Whish I could have such nice skimmers!

cheers

:lol: Luckily I managed to buy a beckett off a fellow reefer to help combat my problem, and to tink dat 6 months ago I thought the H&S was superb!! Now I tink beckett is the only way to go.... might even wanna run a double beckett!! :evil::evil::evil:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Day 19: Situation Report >

No3 : 25ppm ( measured with Salifert ) :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Added some more macroalgae today...

Cyanrina came back today coz it's beginning to recede in my friend's tank, so seeing one of my cyanrina doing pretty well in my tank, decided to get the rest back... :) Hopefully they'll do well in my tank...

Currently using Caleurpa, ulva and red grapes macroalgae in my refugium, anyone can advise wat else I can add?? :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Cyanrina came back today coz it's beginning to recede in my friend's tank, so seeing one of my cyanrina doing pretty well in my tank, decided to get the rest back...

bro...I bought an injured one before...feed with GP with a syringe..recovered within 2 weeks ;)

bro...I bought an injured one before...feed with GP with a syringe..recovered within 2 weeks ;)

Bro, I'm feeding it with cyclopeeze and a syringe, izit okay? or must use GP?? One problem is the cyclopeeze kept getting swept away by the current, does it mean I have to switch off all my pumps?! :blink:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

bro you using AZ-NO3 with Ozone?????

i think AZ-NO3 will feed the bacteria, but Ozone will kill it off rendering your AZ-NO3 useless.....

i also use AZ-NO3 before....was able to bring down No3 from 40ppm to 5ppm, but happens over the course of 2-3 weeks....but i did not dose over the limits recommended by the manufacture....

bro you using AZ-NO3 with Ozone?????

i think AZ-NO3 will feed the bacteria, but Ozone will kill it off rendering your AZ-NO3 useless.....

i also use AZ-NO3 before....was able to bring down No3 from 40ppm to 5ppm, but happens over the course of 2-3 weeks....but i did not dose over the limits recommended by the manufacture....

Hmm... not really sure about the compatibility... wat I know is that the AZ-No3 kind of like bonds to the no3, den u need a skimmer to skim it out... or something like dat... Any experts know more? :):thanks:

post-34-1105890976.jpg