My little new 3 footer...

RAV-65

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi rav, where did u get your siphon filter for the skimmer ?

am looking around to cure the bubbles prob i have ...but cannot find...

pls tell me ....thanks a mil !!

Eh.... Wat siphon filter u talking about?! Me blur liao... :paiseh:

Btw, wat skimmer you using? One common way to stop micro-bubbles is to use 2 egg-crates to sandwich a sponge for the water to flow through before it goes to your return pump to the main tank...

You can also use a socking ( Yes those used by ladies, but for the general health of your fishes, use a new one pls... :P ) to wrap around the outlet of the skimmer, try to see which way works better for you... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

I know where he got them. :evil::evil:

Don't be fool by the picture as they are damn small and cute.

Good!! Those who are keen to know, pls PM Bro Neokn, den I got less PMs to reply!! :lol::lol:

They are pretty small alright..., only about one inch... the picture makes them look big, but if you look at the #1 sand it's on, you know how small they are actually! :lol:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

haha ! yes i will get a new pair ...but i was told that it will increase the NO3 if i use socks..is that true ?

im referring to your output pipe from your skimmer in your sump

Im trying various methods because i do not own a sump...

thanks

Huh? For my output from skimmer to sump, I'm using a flexible hose leh....

Anyway, anything would become a nitrate factory if detritus is allowed to accumulate... even your normal foam/sponge used for mechanical filtration can be a nitrate factory if you dun keep it clean...

Besides socking, u can use those filter bags with smaller micron size holes to tie to the output of your skimmer, but just gotta keep it clean and make sure it doesn't clog as it would affect the performance of your skimmer when there is an back-flow pressure caused by the bag... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

New Livestock Report ( Livestock added in the last 1 month ) :

Sunburst Anthias x2 > Both surviving but still hiding, tink the Bartlett Anthias really gave them a hard time when introduced. Still waiting for them to feed! <_<

Golden Angel > Seems to be pretty muich acclimatised, swimming around and even very curious of my face when I'm peeping at it behind my tank! Hopefully it's my 1st successful Golden Angel!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Blue Neon Goby > Haven't seen the guy since the 1st day... :(

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Looks pretty than a lass huh ??? :P

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

brother jst curious to ask will yur favourate prata open very big until cover yur left side coral??? Will they fight for place??? Correct me if i m wrong.... :rolleyes:

Yes bro, the prata can open until cover the brain coral beside it... cometimes it covers the colony of zoos that I have too!!

Probably this is the territorial warfare!!!

But one thing is confirmed is that many corals actually have chemical warfare whereby they try to out-sting other corals... So no all corals can be place together... :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Bro, I love the look of the lower portion of your tank. Splendid, especially the lovely pratas and brains! One of these days must go your house to see them myself! :rolleyes:

Sure bro... u're welcomed anytime.... just let me know in advance!! :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg