Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

• SRC Member

bro rav, don rem seeing the pocci,stylo and digitata so pink, all these coloured up after u blast with lights??? :blink:

ur nitrate 0ppm already or still the same??

care to share ur water parameters?

if its purely the lights issue then im also gonna blast them liaoz B)

bro rav, don rem seeing the pocci,stylo and digitata so pink, all these coloured up after u blast with lights??? :blink:

ur nitrate 0ppm already or still the same??

care to share ur water parameters?

if its purely the lights issue then im also gonna blast them liaoz B)

Sort of, but also becoz they coloured up slowly... when u came the corals juz came in leh, now how many weeks liao?? :P

Nitrate very long never measure leh... last measurement was 2ppm, maybe now zero due to the ozone... :P

Mg : 1200ppm

KH : 9

Calcium : 430ppm

pH : 8.3 - 8.5

po4 : undetectable

Eh, wat else har?

U can try the blasting of the lights, but I lost 2 colonies when I was away, dunno if it's the lights and also, beware of the algae boom, my tank looked like a jungle when I came back! :pinch:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

bro...You have put in great effort ....and a stunning tank you have got there now. I can still remember the high demands you have over the water parameter of your tank.

I think the acros are just reflecting how well you have maintained your tank condition.

kudos to you for the patience and dedication. ;)

bro...You have put in great effort ....and a stunning tank you have got there now. I can still remember the high demands you have over the water parameter of your tank.

I think the acros are just reflecting how well you have maintained your tank condition.

kudos to you for the patience and dedication. ;)

Bro, ur kind words juz made my day... :P

Have to admit that I'm a pretty fussy person, so try to do the best in watever I do, if not den dun do, hence the constant effort in trying to keep my tank well and hence 4 chillers and a constant upgrading of lights & equipment... :pinch:

If I hadn't spent on this hobby, tink can change my car liao!! :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, thanxs for all the advice u have given me over time, never had a real chance to thank you also... And thanxs for the skimmer too! :P:thanks:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Bro very nice colours!!!! :yeah: Your reef is really vibrant now. Good job.

BTW how long have you ran your ozone??? Do it help in anything else other than water clarity??

Bro,

you're my biggest inspiration leh, I remember the 2nd time I visited your place and I still was in awe of your magnificent tank, dat's despite its the 2nd time I'm seeing ur tank, I was still stunned! :P

The 1st day when I came back with the ozone generator, I ran it for 24 hours, before that I've cleaned out my skimmer collection cup and after the 24 hours, the cup was covered with !@#$%^ again... normally without the ozone, the cup takes about 3 days to be fully covered with !@#$%^... Hence, my strong belief in ozone...

But now, I'm running it for 2x2 hours a day, meaning run 2 hours, stop 10 hours den run 2 hours again... but I intend to stretch the ozone as much as I can till maybe at least 400mV once I get hold of a ORP controller... :P now dun have one, so no way to tell... :P

With ozone, the tank is generally in better health as there are less de-oxidising agents and the clearer water permits the lights to penetrate better, hence better for SPS!! :evil: but beware of ur mushies if they're place too high up...

Casualty so far is 3 frags of red discosomas.... could be due to lesser nutrients in the water that they melt or maybe the clearer water did really "burn" them as they're kept in mid-tank level... :(

If u need any more help, just ring ring me lah! My number is 62353535... :D

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
My favourite digi, coloured up nicely after being blasted with 250W Mh for more than 100 hours... :P

Nice digi ;)

Your tank is looking great! And it's only going to get better, especially when the corals grow out a little more.

Well done!! Your dedication truly shows. :)

Nice digi ;)

Your tank is looking great! And it's only going to get better, especially when the corals grow out a little more.

Well done!! Your dedication truly shows. :)

Bro,

the digi came from a good source! Your tank!

Now waiting for the corals to grow out like u say, the staghorn already exploding in growth...

Also waiting for the new shipments to come in so dat I can replace some of the green and brown SPS in my tank, still relatively new to SPS, so bought some colonies that are extremely difficult to maintain colour, also find that too much green liao... need more blue and purple! :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg