Newbie to Marine world.

Rata

Should go shop at Pasir Ris farm because there's 4 marine shop.
Rocks i would recommend you to get deadrock or carribsea or others sort of fake rock as there won't be any pest unless you want a quick start you can get liverock just that be ready for unwanted pest such as mantis shrimp or bobbit worm.

I always recommend people to start with sea water and slowly water change with salt mix .

Anyway cycling is a long process and there's ways to cut short depending how much you willing to spend and the effort you want to put in!

As a guide is always good to buy test kit and don't save your few dollars to get a cheap test kit, get reliable one such as salifert/nyos.

Skimmer is the heart of the tank and it's always good to get oversized. For me bubble Magnus is cheap and is good enough.
Lastly enjoy your 3 ft tank because is the ideal size for corals and fish. Don't overstock your fish and start with corals first :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Where do you live? There are LFS almost in every corners in Sg.
If you don't have a sump, choice of skimmer is tricky. HOB skimmer from Reef Octopus e.g BH1000 is very good, but you got to adjust drier skim to prevent overflow.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

If you don't have a sump, choice of skimmer is tricky. HOB skimmer from Reef Octopus e.g BH1000 is very good, but you got to adjust drier skim to prevent overflow.

• SRC Member

• SRC Member