Nooblenny Noobie Reef

Nooblenny

• SRC Member

Very nice colors man... Your top right SPS summit is beautiful.. All the colors are there - blue, red, pink, green, yellow, teal, orange

many thumbs up, one of the nicest nanos I've seen

• SRC Member
9 hours ago, yukok.lim08 said:

Your tank really colourfull and nice to view. Wonder when my tank coral can be like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, should be able to.

With the right combination of tank lighting that have each channels adjusted individually & the correct white balance on hp/camera should bring out the colors nicely :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, teck4300 said:

Nice coloration..

Thanks teck4300 :cheers:

• SRC Member

8 hours ago, JMW said:

Very nice colors man... Your top right SPS summit is beautiful.. All the colors are there - blue, red, pink, green, yellow, teal, orange

many thumbs up, one of the nicest nanos I've seen

Thanks bro! appreciate the feedback. Guess I'm bored of my all-green planted tank...now going full spectrum. :cheers:

4 hours ago, Darren Sim said:

Very nice color! Can't wait to try out my AF

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Thanks again bro! :cheers:

• SRC Member

FOWLR Aquascaping done..I think this should do for now. :D

Love working with base rocks cause they interlock so securely, no need glue or epoxy at all.  

20161030_151325.jpg

Flll it up with plain water for a few days first to wash away the dust.

20161030_222219.jpg

FOWLR Aquascaping done..I think this should do for now. 
Love working with base rocks cause they interlock so securely, no need glue or epoxy at all.  
20161030_151325.jpg
20161030_222219.jpg

Nice

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FOWLR Aquascaping done..I think this should do for now. 
20161030_151325.jpg
20161030_222219.jpg

Really nice scape but don't becareful of the top part of the rocks. It may decay.

• SRC Supporter
7 hours ago, Nooblenny said:

FOWLR Aquascaping done..I think this should do for now. :D

20161030_151325.jpg

20161030_222219.jpg

Fantastic rock scape.

Love just how natural it looks. Can tell you come from the freshwater aquascaping world. 

What kind of fishes are you planning to have?

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member

You are using dead rock right? If so the exposed section should remain "biologically-inert" in the sense that part of the rock won't host water-dwelling organisms..

btw is your water level ok once you start adding pumps or wavemakers? Good to make sure the water movement on the surface doesn't cause spillovers

• SRC Member
9 hours ago, Davissim said:

Nice

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Davissim :)

2 hours ago, SubzeroLT said:

Fantastic rock scape.

Love just how natural it looks. Can tell you come from the freshwater aquascaping world. 

What kind of fishes are you planning to have?

Thanks bro! Got the inspiration around the forums, including yours also. :D

Anwyay will keep using all existing FW equipments. Only next year than do a proper marine setup. 

Most likely butterflyfish & dwarf angelfish.

• SRC Member
3 hours ago, Darren Sim said:

Really nice scape but don't becareful of the top part of the rocks. It may decay.

1 hour ago, Mike Stone said:

The portion of the rock exposed outside of the water will turn black after few day once you turn on your light.

Thanks both bro Darren & Mike for the advice.:thumbsup:

I read that only live rock will go decay & turned black if dried off due to microorganism die off. If dead/dry rock then there is nothing there to start with.

At this moment my dry rocks and have not touched any saltwater. They are only dipped in tap water. But i will monitor them once the saltwater started in case they still go bad.

• Like 1

Thanks both bro Darren & Mike for the advice.:thumbsup:
I read that only live rock will go decay & turned black if dried off due to microorganism die off. If dead/dry rock then there is nothing there to start with.
At this moment my dry rocks and have not touched any saltwater. They are only dipped in tap water. But i will monitor them once the saltwater started in case they still go bad.

Let's see how it goes hahaha. But i believe water will soak in the rocks and go all the way to the top. But that's what I think. Have to look forward to it!

• SRC Member
29 minutes ago, JMW said:

You are using dead rock right? If so the exposed section should remain "biologically-inert" in the sense that part of the rock won't host water-dwelling organisms..

btw is your water level ok once you start adding pumps or wavemakers? Good to make sure the water movement on the surface doesn't cause spillovers

Yup bro. Base rocks are just dead/dry aragonite rocks. Thats what i understand from reading around also. As long as no organism to start off, it will remain inert & nothing will happen.

The water is still temporary tap water, hence filled to the brim. Only going to start cycling once i syphoon away most of the dust. 

• SRC Member
13 minutes ago, Darren Sim said:

Let's see how it goes hahaha. But i believe water will soak in the rocks and go all the way to the top. But that's what I think. Have to look forward to it!

Yup, true. the rocks always damp due to water travelling up to the top. Then again if its always damp, then the organism won't die off?

Haha, anyway will find out later, if turn black will remove all the exposed part.

• SRC Member
1 hour ago, Mike Stone said:

Before the rock turn black if bacteria dying, it will give out a rotting smell. When you sell something bad from the rock, remove it before it turn grey.

Ok, bro. Will take not note of that, thanks! :thumbsup:

• SRC Member
12 hours ago, kenyee said:

Very beautiful reef tank..damn colourful..salute bro

Excited to see ur shallow FOWLR in action soon yea..see that the filtration system will b the same as ur reef tank?

Thanks bro! You have great FOWLR too!

Yeah, both are running canisters. The canister in reef tank contains GFO & carbon, also for driving chiller.

While the canister for FOWLR contains GFO, Purigen & live rock rubbles. No chiller.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...