Wts: Deltec Skimmer SC1456

It was given to me by my friend, he told me if i have no use of it can sell away since he got a bigger skimmer. how i know how much he buy? So He buy at $50 i must sell at $50? Wah? Then u buy ur house at $150k 10 years ago, you sell me at $150k now also ok? 

• SRC Member
It was given to me by my friend, he told me if i have no use of it can sell away since he got a bigger skimmer. how i know how much he buy? So He buy at $50 i must sell at $50? Wah? Then u buy ur house at $150k 10 years ago, you sell me at $150k now also ok? 

Pls note eqpt is not asset. It will depreciate. If this is your mentality..i have a 10 year old weipro skimmer.... bought 30.... sell you 300 now... pm me if you're interested..

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

47 minutes ago, DeadmanZ said:

Pls note eqpt is not asset. It will depreciate. If this is your mentality..i have a 10 year old weipro skimmer.... bought 30.... sell you 300 now... pm me if you're interested..

Equipment is not asset? Is it a liability then? Let me reiterate again, I didn't say the price will appreciate, i'm comparing in relative term, if you buy a house at market price 10 years ago, now the market price is higher than your purchase price. Are you going to sell it at your price 10 years ago? Now applying your terminology to this case, if i get the skimmer for free, i cannot sell more than $0? 

• SRC Member

A house is an asset..you don't compare apple and orange... anyway I shall not continue this argument further... just leave it to reefers to decide they want to buy or not... anyway... it's obvious to spot as the valve holder of collection cup is saw off

• SRC Member

Relax, reefing peeps... We're all here to enjoy the hobby...

Hazelnut, we do have a practice of giving back to society if things are given to us... In this instance, you didn't know that since Daveyy gave it to you as a gift and gave his blessings to have them sold... No fault of yours...

To compare to different entities doesn't seem very logical as well...

So we'll just leave it to you... Enjoy the hobby, peeps!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk