At last my 5 footer!!

kschew1498

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CR = calcium reactor?? :huh: hehe not so advance yet..... :lol: Slowly slowly....probably mean time will change water more often and probably have to dose Kalwasser more frequently....hehe.... :lol:

Hehe....at last move my chiller out of the house....to the balcony.....no more noise and hot air!!! Yahoooooooo :lol:

bro,

u might wanna concentrate on the KH buffer for now, since your kh is pretty low, i realise when i get my KH up, the coralline algae grows very well... :)

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Thanks Vincent.....I am dose KH+ now.....for 2 days already ....havent measure yet! Will check tonight!

Red and green patches.....definately your PO4 and slicate are high!......I guess you could spent money to buy Rowa or Contraphos.......and change water more frequently......

Look at my sump....disaster man.......like "Long Kang" water!!!! :(

post-34-1085134756.jpg

• SRC Member

SIGH! <_< tonight must clear out these stuff manz...........But luckily the main tank is still not so bad!

post-34-1085134952.jpg

• SRC Member

Check out my PS.....3 days only can brew so much skimate.....bloody smelly manz......Sigh! got to clear it tonight as well...... :fear: My Mdm coming back soon....... :fear:

post-34-1085135074.jpg

• SRC Member
Bro,

hijack ur thread abit... wat happens when there are red and green patches within my sandbed?????

Vincent Ho :thanks:

Bro Vincent......on second thought.....I think I shouldn't have just give you such advise. Maybe you can take some pic to show us.....I guess a lot of more experience reefer will be able to help. Sigh......I "zi shen nah bao".....Sigh! My apologies..... :erm:

• SRC Member
:sick: ur skimate..... but it shows ur ps damm power one :lol: bro i suggest u do some waterchange...... ;)

kekeke :evil: Good skimmer huh!!! Oh...I just change water on Tuesday before my business trip......I will probably change again over the week end......must be more hardworking.....sigh! <_<

• SRC Member

kekeke :evil: Good skimmer huh!!! Oh...I just change water on Tuesday before my business trip......I will probably change again over the week end......must be more hardworking.....sigh! <_<

young tanks are like dat one.... after a while when everythings fine like me... i become a lazy ###### to get up and do WC :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

kschew1498,

1. try to remove all nitrate production sources like those cotton u see for the intake.

2. keep the feeding low and do progressive partial water change.

3. get good phospate remover asap to keep < 0.3

4. make sure u get good circulation in yoru tank.

your water parameters are not at all disaster so take it easy and monitor your tank. in the meantime, put a hold on stocking.

enjoy reefin'

• SRC Member
kschew1498,

1. try to remove all nitrate production sources like those cotton u see for the intake.

2. keep the feeding low and do progressive partial water change.

3. get good phospate remover asap to keep < 0.3

4. make sure u get good circulation in yoru tank.

your water parameters are not at all disaster so take it easy and monitor your tank. in the meantime, put a hold on stocking.

enjoy reefin'

Thanks Planetg......

Just seen the doctor with the following result on some critical parameters:

NO3 : SIGH! still at 12.5 mg/l.....but I put a teaspoon of sugar....kekekeke :evil:

KH : 8-9.....got improvement after I started dosing KH+ :angel:

PH : 8.6 compare to previously 8.4...kekeke ;)

PO4 : 0.15 compare to previously 0.3ppm......hehe also got imrpovement!!!

Yahooooo.............. :lol:

• SRC Member

Hi,

Your PO4 improvement could just be due to the recent water change. It will shoot up again, since you have not change anything else inside your tank.

What I did to my tank was dump in 1l of biophos, change another 20% water...and follow by 1l of Cont. K. ...now...all the purple and brown stuff all gone from the sandbed. :P

but my reading was from 1 down to 0. :fear:

• SRC Member
Hi,

Your PO4 improvement could just be due to the recent water change. It will shoot up again, since you have not change anything else inside your tank.

What I did to my tank was dump in 1l of biophos, change another 20% water...and follow by 1l of Cont. K. ...now...all the purple and brown stuff all gone from the sandbed. :P

but my reading was from 1 down to 0. :fear:

Agree agree.....that why I just bought 1L of Rowa....Sigh!.....pocket "Pi Chia" again!!! Sigh!...... <_<

Hi Nutx....how come you put so much....1L :shock: I read the Rowa instruction, 500ml is sufficent for almost 1000L of water......Pardon me....you have a big big tank???? :huh: kekeke.....I stingy la.....probably put 500ml first.....expensive stuff manz!!! :lol:

Thanks Vincent.....I am dose KH+ now.....for 2 days already ....havent measure yet! Will check tonight!

Red and green patches.....definately your PO4 and slicate are high!......I guess you could spent money to buy Rowa or Contraphos.......and change water more frequently......

Look at my sump....disaster man.......like "Long Kang" water!!!! :(

Bro,

I got one kilo of rowaphos liao.... seems like maybe i should get more!!! managed to keep my sandbed real clean over the past 2-3 months.... :) but the surface okay... only inside the sandbed got patches!!

Anyway, your sump really messy man!!!! u got a hangover and puked in it??? hahahaha....

But your macro needlewheel looks good man!!! the skimmate!! awesome!!

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Agree agree.....that why I just bought 1L of Rowa....Sigh!.....pocket "Pi Chia" again!!! Sigh!...... <_<

Hi Nutx....how come you put so much....1L :shock: I read the Rowa instruction, 500ml is sufficent for almost 1000L of water......Pardon me....you have a big big tank???? :huh: kekeke.....I stingy la.....probably put 500ml first.....expensive stuff manz!!! :lol:

Bro, u can overdrive your rowas still 6x the recommended amount... i did 2x and the sandbed real clean siah.... try it.... :)

Vincent Ho :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi Nutx....how come you put so much....1L  :shock:  I read the Rowa instruction, 500ml is sufficent for almost 1000L of water......Pardon me....you have a big big tank???? :huh: kekeke.....I stingy la.....probably put 500ml first.....expensive stuff manz!!! :lol:

500ml is for reducing 1mg for 1000l water.

my reading was already 1, so as to whether it is 1.1 or up to 2.9, the salifert test kit cannot tell me, and I dun bother to measure in a more concentrated solution.

I think I've abt 1300l of water....B) .

Yup it's expensive....but if you even let the PURPLE stuff win the battle and take over the tank.....it will be more expensive (and lots of backache!) to teardown the tank... :blink: (plus dry and clean the liverock to become deadrock!)

I saw that happened in my 'empty' 3ft tank after i shifted everything to the big tank.....I think you wouldn't even want to clean the tank :evil:

500ml is for reducing 1mg for 1000l water.

my reading was already 1, so as to whether it is 1.1 or up to 2.9, the salifert test kit cannot tell me, and I dun bother to measure in a more concentrated solution.

I think I've abt 1300l of water....B) .

Yup it's expensive....but if you even let the PURPLE stuff win the battle and take over the tank.....it will be more expensive (and lots of backache!) to teardown the tank... :blink: (plus dry and clean the liverock to become deadrock!)

I saw that happened in my 'empty' 3ft tank after i shifted everything to the big tank.....I think you wouldn't even want to clean the tank :evil:

Bro,

wat purple stuff u refering to? dun tell me the coralline algae?!?!?!

Vincent Ho :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Cyanobacteria?

THis is the purple stuff lor...all the purple slime..... :pinch:

coraline algae is ok wat....seem that there are a few different colours of coraline algae growing in my tank under different lights!! :angel:

• SRC Member

Hey Guys....have you guys thought of using DI/DO water!!! :huh: I am just wondering if it is cheaper in long term! Seem like all reefers are combating this bloody nuisance cyanobateria, red slimy algae, hairy algae........

Hmm.....was introduce by a friend this 6 step fliter for DI/DO water system.....contemplating to get it!!!.......was thinking.....if I buy 5L of Rowa......I could have bought one of these gadget already!!! Damn!.... <_<

Hehehe.....cant wait for my Mdm to come back......Yahooo.....a 35w Ultra Man on its way.... :yeah::yeah: ULTRA MAN!!!!! :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Bro kschew, wat is make & model of yr skimmer? Also price range. :thanks:

Seeing the gunk gives comfort that it's working well. :P