BioPlankton

FuEl

Hi..I bought a bottle of bioplankton today...smells rather nice.. :yeah: Just kind of confused how much to dose...some people tell me about 2 drops for a 4 footer every few days...but the instructions on the bottle said for mature systems about 1 squirt for 30 gallons everyday? 1 squirt is ALOT! :blink:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• Sponsor

Hey Fuel, thanks for giving BioPlankton a try. But I really don't think it smells nice though...... :shock:

The feeding instructions on the BP bottle is just a general guideline and you do not need to follow it religiously.

It is wrong to feed BioPlankton according to your tank size because we all know that there will always be different livestocks level in tanks of similar sizes. Therefore, you should feed according to the need of the animals in your aquaria instead.

As a general guideline, I'd recommend that if your tank is immature, you should feed no more than one squirt per 60 gallon; then gradually increase the dosage when you can see your inverts responding. The key is to start slow and not to overfeed

There are approximately 160-170 squirts in the BP bottle and one squirts is about 0.18 of a ml, which is not alot. You need to remember that when feeding plankton, the density of the feed is very important because you need enough algae cells to generate a feeding response from your inverts. Otherwise, they could all be wasted.

I hope I have answered your question.

Okie..thanks for your kind reply...My tank has been up for close to a year already..Used about 1.5 squirts just now...all my shrimps really go crazy after smelling the stuff...actually it smells quite nice to me...I'm a seafood lover..very tempted to taste it.. :lol::rolleyes:

I won't be held responsible if you get food poisoning :)

Heh..will try tomorrow and give an update...I've tried cat food...nectar meant for birds..now maybe some phyto..oh yes...I mentioned taste..not ingest.. :lol:

• SRC Member
Okie..thanks for your kind reply...My tank has been up for close to a year already..Used about 1.5 squirts just now...all my shrimps really go crazy after smelling the stuff...actually it smells quite nice to me...I'm a seafood lover..very tempted to taste it.. :lol::rolleyes:

:sick:

• SRC Member

Heh..will try tomorrow and give an update...I've tried cat food...nectar meant for birds..now maybe some phyto..oh yes...I mentioned taste..not ingest.. :lol:

Sooner u than me, mate! Let us know what it tastes like! :sick:

• SRC Member

Now THAT is concentrated stuff!!! :lol::lol::lol:

BTW qn for Michael, the posted instructions say to freeze the product for better storage; but won't it mean that it is then frozen solid and cannot be squirted? Or do we just refrigerate? Thinking of trying it out when I fully set up my tank...