Protein Skimmer Microbubble (Help)

littlekeong

• SRC Member

Hi all, I just bought a Nyos Quantum 160 skimmer. From the start until now I having microbubble issue. I contacted the seller but he said adjust my air intake but the microbubble still exists even after I adjust the air intake. it is driving me crazy.

Keep the reef happy and that is our pride.

• SRC Member
1 minute ago, inwear said:

It could be your either additives e.g Amino acid or fatty compounds e.g mysis shrimps ...all both

I don't think so, I tried once to turn off everything and feed pellet for my fish for a week but the bubble still there. never lesser.

Just give it more times to stablise. 

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

I’ve had a similar problem.. also drove me crazy.. I changed the location of my skimmer in my sump so its water discharge now falls into the middle compartment were my refugium is, and not the last chamber were the return pump is. That helped, but not perfect.. it improved when I threw in chaeto to my refugium, (bubbles would get trapped). Then I noticed that how fine my sock on the return influenced a lot.. no sock was the worse... I ended up putting fiber just underneath the return... but my flow into the sump became very slow and my pump would empty the last chamber out too fast... so I HAD to reduce the LPH from my pump from 5000 lph to 1000 lph... and THAT did the trick.. I’ll have to compensate water current on DT with power heads but that’s ok...NO MORE MICRO BUBBLES!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
5 minutes ago, alvarogr said:

I’ve had a similar problem.. I changed the location of my skimmer in my sump to the water discharge falls into my refugium and not the last chamber were the return pump is. That helped, but not perfect.. it improved when I threw in chaeto to my refugium... finally reducing the LPH from my pump did the trick.. I’ll have to compensate w power heads but that’s ok

I actually thinking whether I install the skimmer in the right way or not. 

hahaha

I actually thinking whether I install the skimmer in the right way or not. 
hahaha

It’s not just the skimmer bro.. you have to think like a micro bubble.. become one with the micro bubble.. then the answer will come...

• 2 years later...

Hey guys. Resurfacing this topic. I have a Nyos Quantum 120 that has been breaking in for 3 days now. Same issue is happening where a lot of micro bubbles are escaping out of the skimmer outlet. I've heard that it may take up to 14 days from some users in US forums so I'd like to confirm if this is the case. Can anyone advise on what's happening here?