• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Daryll,

Got those from a LFS nearby my place... Bedok Area.

The Racks are basically Light diffusers... comes in a 4 by 2 ft size...

Cut them out according to the size you want them and cable tie them together and you have your Live Rock Stacker.... ;)

Most LH Shops should have them.... I bought a 4 by 2 ft at $17.

Hi Chanbi,

You mentioned that you have kept 5 tangs....

What species and how you did you manage to keep them alive??

Phang

Hi Chanbi,

You mentioned that you have kept 5 tangs....

What species and how you did you manage to keep them alive??

They are from the biggest Sohal, Regal, PB, Yellow & Purple tangs. Regal blue tang is with me the longest ~1.5yrs and he has grown from ~1.5" to ~3.5" and the rest are at least quite a few mths old. PBT is the only one that i have added in recently (~3 weeks). They don't fight but the Sohal (~5") may disturb the rest now & then but not major. I guess the secret to keeping a few tangs together is to time when to add in which tang and what size (as much as u can). Other then the "new introduction to the tank" phase, tangs are in general quite easy to keep if your water quality is reasonable. One thing that u must remember is to feed with garlic extract whenever there is new fish introduce. Last time when i don't do that, some of the "old" tang may also get the iches but they will usually recover (but better play safe). Anyway my current practice is to feed with garlic almost alternate days ("kiasu" mah!!).

• SRC Member

Cynarina spp. have alternating clear polyps when fully extended. Scolymia spp. have the characteristic finely divided concentric rings on the body. Both are from the Mussidae family and look alike.

This link will show you a good pic of Scolymia.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Thanks Tanzy.. although still a bit confuse.

Derf, i am not too sure as well (u can refer to another thread that i am trying to find out what others here do). But my own thinking is that since most LFS do treat their new fishes with medication, and doing FW dip also do cause additional stress. And if the fish does eat readily, then i will most probably not do the FW dip with medication.

• SRC Member

If you are driving and have a extra space..... I'm in !!!!

BTW, Thanks to Bawater, Bluebeard, Spade and also great buddy Benny for their time and effort (muscular effort) yesterday in logistics yesterday....

Sorry guys that the tank was really heavy ..... you guys definitely did a great job it helping me get it in place.......

:lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

:D:D:D

i know .... but would still like to see what you got ... inspiration for me ... as i can`t afford such a big tank .... :blink:

can pose some pics before you set up the tank ... and also the whole process could be documented down like AT too ... so everyone can drool more ....like me

:lol:

will let you know trip again about the

• SRC Member

Your sump looks nicer than your main tank! :D

Looking good! B)

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Hi guys ,

Need some advice about plumbing the PVC piping.... Will glue the rest together but was wondering for the attachment at the overflow, where you place the coupling, do you guys silicon or utilised washers???

The problem is i'm using a 1.25 (25mm) inch pipe for the outflow, shop says no washers for that size...recommend a O ring...... :blink:

got my doubts about it as don't sit properly so might leak..... :(

Tanzy,

Will work hard to get my mains up...... now waiting for my canopy.. and then can install the Iwasakis.....

All preparations for my mains should be completed by this weekend....

REALLY HOPE SO....... ;)

• SRC Member

I would use glue or silicone. Washers that are made of soft plastic or rubber will harder over time in saltwater, giving you leaks when they crack. I used glue for my tank.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

What kind of glue??? those gor PVC pipings.....??

I was thinking of silicon for the internal...and a O ring for the external...

the silicon in the internal should stop any leaks ...right ?

Another thing, for those with DiYed MHs, where did you get your reflectors??

Anyonr utilising Spiderlight reflectors??

• SRC Member

I suppose if you really want to use an o-ring, you could on the outside if it does not touch the water, but I think a layer of silicone on both sides will do just fine.

The glue is called "Plumber's Goop" I think it's made by Shelleys. Smells good too! Makes you high! B)

post-36-1093875548.jpg