Selling a Hailea 1.25HP Chiller

Hon

• SRC Member

I am selling my current Hailea 1200CB, its a 1.25HP chiller. Been running the chiller since March 2003. Due to the hot spell coming, this chiller is unable to maintain my 1300L of water. It's rated for only 1200L tank. Price will set at $850. :D

• SRC Member

Thanks for the info....

In order to own a new chiller, the chiller meet a few feature approved by my other half hor...

- exterior must be nice

- no drilling and breaking of wall

- must sit back in the bathroom rack

- cannot be too heavy as it need to sit on the rack...

See...so many things to factor into my choice of chiller...headache...

Alvy, diy chiller is good, but I cannot afford to have wire and piping running all over the house.... :P

• SRC Member
1 HP?? or wat??check out their power consumption for local usage! also you can always seek my help if u decide to diy one day...my 1HP is cooling 1.6k Litre!

FYI

Arctica 1HP can chill 3000L to 25 degree at 30 degree room temperature and at a rate of 1 degree/hr

1600L, 1/2HP is enough liao

BTW Alvy, how's your tank.................so big and so much space to fill in ..................size I can only dream of......

One of the Tung Lok grp resturant is using 1HP for 8x4ft tank at 22 degree.

:)

• SRC Member
Thanks for the info....

In order to own a new chiller, the chiller meet a few feature approved by my other half hor...

- exterior must be nice

- no drilling and breaking of wall

- must sit back in the bathroom rack

- cannot be too heavy as it need to sit on the rack...

See...so many things to factor into my choice of chiller...headache...

Alvy, diy chiller is good, but I cannot afford to have wire and piping running all over the house.... :P

Hon then you got a big problem. A true 1.25hp chiller cannot even fit in a car. Ask alvy how big his 1hp compressor is. And its way to heavy to sit on a rack too.

• SRC Member

Hon then you got a big problem. A true 1.25hp chiller cannot even fit in a car. Ask alvy how big his 1hp compressor is. And its way to heavy to sit on a rack too.

Hi Cookie..............understand what you meant, I think we are all aware, including Hon..............so it not what u think..........Need to chk out yr tank someday............ :D

Max

Arctica 1HP can chill 3000L to 25 degree at 30 degree room temperature and at a rate of 1 degree/hr

1600L, 1/2HP is enough liao

Max,

How abt 4x2x2.5ft + 2x2x2ft + 3x1.5x1.5ft (sump) total around 800+ litres.

1/3hp sufficient or not? Don't want to go overboard and yet still scared insufficient power. If not go for 1/2hp.

• SRC Member

Roi: actually it is operating directly under the sun..so rain, sun, wind and watever climatic conditions!

i've recently added 2 X 400w to my existing 2 X 150w. The heat input has increase drastically.. i can feel the heat from the MH just by standing 1m away..imagine the heat 1ft below the direct lighting!! still no hold bar for my diy..pulls down the temp like before, with a slightly longer run time...but no prob with pulling down straight to 25 deg from ~27deg within a couple of hrs... my heat load includes my old hailea 6550(chiller pump) 2 X mx7 running 24/7 and the external environment where my external 4 ft sump sits as well as a non-insulated chiller channel (where water has to flow 3m out of my house to the roof terrace to reach my chiller coil with some portion of the pipeline under direct sunlight!!). B)

using a clamp style ammeter to measure my consumption resulted in a steady 880w usage!

max: i finally collect enough liverocks to fill up my tank..now stocking slowly on corals..have more fish within though (5 tangs, a couple of anthias, a handful of clowns for my anemones, 3 lions, 2 seahorse..the list goes on).

but those strong rains can clean the condensor fins for you...lol...

anyway, did u think of building a little shade for the compressor? so that it doesnt get direct heating from the sun? imagine you are the compressor in a hot afternoon at the balcony compared to having a shade over you during the same afternoon :)

• SRC Member

Max,

How abt 4x2x2.5ft + 2x2x2ft + 3x1.5x1.5ft (sump) total around 800+ litres.

1/3hp sufficient or not? Don't want to go overboard and yet still scared insufficient power. If not go for 1/2hp.

Hi WeiLeong.....how much wattage of MH + number of pumps(type) u have? Your tank location also?

Max