Anemone Change color

charlie

Hi,

Has anyone encounter the Anemone change it color? Does anyone know why it change color? Mine when bought is a white with luminous green/yellow tip. After abt 1 month it color starts to change to orange/reddish-brown. Is it due water quality or feeding Krill? Thanks

• SRC Member

Your original anemone is one that is already bleached.... now under better conditions, its gaining back its zoos to produce food when its under light... if i'm not wrong the present colour should be its original color...

bleaching will make it lose colour and turn white... to tell if your anemone is not doing well, is to see how much and how often it opens.. if it is always closed up or shriveled up... it is unhappy about its environment...

2cts ;)

Bro,

Now I'm getting confuse, one say it is bleaching and the other say it's recovery back to its origin. So which is which?? :o But my anemone is opening big each day. I feed twice a week and it always stay as it is between LR. So is my anemone healthy? :paiseh: Thanks

• SRC Supporter

do u see it opening more in the past or now...

isit getting bigger than the past?

if all is yes.. means its getting healthier.. so should be doing better...

but again keep a close watch :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
Bro,

Now I'm getting confuse, one say it is bleaching and the other say it's recovery back to its origin. So which is which?? :o But my anemone is opening big each day. I feed twice a week and it always stay as it is between LR. So is my anemone healthy? :paiseh: Thanks

Dont worry bro, since your anemone able to be feed and not moving around than it is stable and healthy, very happy with the location.

• SRC Member

Hey, I got the same thing happening to me. I got a nice white anemone with pale yellow tips and after 3 weeks, I find that the anemone is getting brown. I realised that it is a normal brown anemone and give it up :(. I previously thought that it is not bleached because of the yellow tip.