Roidan's Reef (II)

roidan

I am always amazed at how well your LS are doing even tho you stock up quite rapidly. Whats the secret?

secret?

2 skimmers? which some are skeptic ...

DSB? which some are skeptic about using also...

macroalgae/refugium? which nearly crashed some other reefers tanks :blink:

maybe i just have the right combination of equipment and other factors?

i also dunno what is my secret...i got no IKS to monitor my stuff somemore...if i have one i am sure it will be much better :D

somemore from dec to may din change water, just add top up water from tap after i get rid of the chlorine and chloramine, no RO/no DI..

maybe it's just luck? :rolleyes:

anyway, i decided not to push my luck too far and did my first water change few days back, no difference i observed.

but i am sure changing water can only do good and not bad :lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least u are only amazed, even some of my friends or even some here are hoping to see my tank crash coz they started marine long before i did and yet i am *defying laws of physics* according to what they say

too bad it ain't gonna happen...for now at least :P

but i am sure my tank will get even better with an incoming skimmer upgrade :D

• SRC Member

it looks like Rodian(iii) is on the way :D

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

bartlett anthias.

very good choice bro, they are hardy, less picky to food and great temperament :)

but if u mean sunburst, then abit more difficult...but when the time comes, i am sure i can share some personal methods with you :)

I mean sunburst.. just now I anyhow quote..hehe

too much smokeout from my bakin..haha..

they looks colourful..

• SRC Member

bartlett anthias.

very good choice bro, they are hardy, less picky to food and great temperament :)

but if u mean sunburst, then abit more difficult...but when the time comes, i am sure i can share some personal methods with you :)

brother 2 questions:

1. How much are bartlets? where can find good quality ones?]

2. Where did you get your sailfin from? Saw in CF but they are on the pale side, any advise?

bro blenny:

bartletts are around 30odd to 40 per piece....one of the more expensive anthias around.....but they are much easier to care for than anthias like purple queens...

another less expensive anthias is dispar anthias...(not the bro here ..hehe)

also very hardy and easy to please :)

got mine from coralfarm, yellow tang was the first tang in my tank, next was this sailfin....

pale maybe coz they are stressed, the one with a yellow tail is the pacific sailfin tang if i am not wrong, my sailfin is the desjardini sailfin tang...

2 types of sailfin tangs :)