Baby polyps

mv3i

• SRC Member

Hi guys ....

juz discovered this in my tank .... although nothing great compared to the SPS frags ... but my own frags lah .... quite happy ... as i have mushies frags before and now this .... shiok .... juz waiting for some kind soul to give a SPS frag to me ! :D

post-7-1045222058.jpg

• SRC Member

Good luck! They grow like mad! Give them more light!

I know that in some US tanks, they can grow to cover the top half of the rear glass under 400W MH.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

These polyps are ok because they don't really affect other corals. Zoanthids and shrooms are bad! They can sting corals they touch, so I have to border the zoanthid rock I have with very aggressive corals that they will kill the zoanthids and prevent it spreading to other part of the rock.

You can scrape and throw them away regularly or give to people. Obviously they wont grow as fast as algae but they are considered one of the fastest growers.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

wah , so many negative things on the polyps .... think i will leave it alone cos the are where it is growing is quite bare so .... can afford to let it grow till it covers part or thw whole rock ... and work from there ... thanks for the info. :bow:

• 2 weeks later...