dKH buffer same as Kalkwasser?

• SRC Supporter

hi guys have been seeing reefers posting Kalkwasser diy dripper

wonder if my dKH buffer by kent marine is the kalkwasser you guys are using in the diy kalwasser dripper..

thinking of diy 1 for myself..

another question is if my calcium level is high,than i dont have to diy this dripper?

if u guys calcium level have raise than the using of the diy kalkwasser dripper have to be stopped?

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

They are certainly not the same. Two different products.

Kalkwasser is sodium hydroxide.

Dkh buffer is sodium bicarbonate.

Do a search on these two products and you'll learn what they do.

• SRC Member

If your testkits detect sufficient levels of calcium and dkH, no need to dose anything ;)

Otherwise you should does, but don't like me just keep dosing and dosing blindly and end up with calcium at 600ppm and dkH at 17. :lol:

My advice is to use a testkit to determine if dosing is required before you buy anything or dose anything.

• SRC Member

kalkwasser increases both your dkh and cal level to a certain level....from wat i've gathered, these 2 components depreciates at equal amount...so by purely adding dkh buffer,ur cal level will decrease but your dkh will maintain or increase....

the best way is to measure your dkh and cal level....if dkh is around 8-12 and cal is around 400-500, maintain it with kalk....if any of the 2 is not in the expected range, increase it by adding only tat supplement...once it reaches your satifactory level maintain using kalk....

They are certainly not the same. Two different products.

Kalkwasser is sodium hydroxide.

Dkh buffer is sodium bicarbonate.

Do a search on these two products and you'll learn what they do.

I thought it should be Calcium instead of sodium for both. Just that one is Hyrdroxide while the other is Bi-Carbonate. :unsure:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

He he he.... very confusing. Thanks for correcting. :paiseh:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381