sunburst anthias

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, I wun deny that they r very beautiful fishes...... hv tried keeping 4 myself b4. but no success........ In my reef tank, they were always in hiding and not feeding..... non were able to live past 2 weeks..... but this is only my own experience..... i hv heard success stories b4. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
IMHO, I wun deny that they r very beautiful fishes...... hv tried keeping 4 myself b4. but no success........ In my reef tank, they were always in hiding and not feeding..... non were able to live past 2 weeks..... but this is only my own experience..... i hv heard success stories b4. ;)

4??? wow, they r expensive fish, to me at least.

all dead u must b very heart pain. :erm:

• SRC Member
i have 1 that is rather bold, quite often seen in the open....it was one out of the 3..dunno where the other 2 went, probably dead.. :erm: hehe

i think deepblue has a bold one as well :)

juz PM him.. it's his avatar tat attracts my attention.

His had RIP.. :(

• SRC Member
i have 1 that is rather bold, quite often seen in the open....it was one out of the 3..dunno where the other 2 went, probably dead.. :erm: hehe

i think deepblue has a bold one as well :)

any special feeding technic??

no special technic..

i just flood the water with food, feed 4 to 5 times a day as with my other fishes...

and this brave bloke just swim out to open waters to grab the food..

bro deepblue tried and in a way succeeded, but as his feeding frequency and amounts lessened, the anthiases start disappearing...

right bro deepblue, flooding works right?

juz PM him.. it's his avatar tat attracts my attention.

His had RIP.. :(

yup.....mine disappeared after I cut down feeding load and frequency.....I guess this guy needs regular feeding like normal anthias.................

I cut down feeding from 4 times a day to once...so......... :(

trying to contain the bioload...something has to give...I guess................ :erm:

• SRC Member
no special technic..

i just flood the water with food, feed 4 to 5 times a day as with my other fishes...

and this brave bloke just swim out to open waters to grab the food..

bro deepblue tried and in a way succeeded, but as his feeding frequency and amounts lessened, the anthiases start disappearing...

right bro deepblue, flooding works right?

he oso advise FLOODING the tk with food! might hav nitrate problems subsequently.

anyway, thanks to all who help. appreciate tat. :P

P/S: still....i'm gonna give it a shot.

bo bian...to sayang your sps or anthiases...u gotta choose...u choose to sayang your sps more...

that's why i want to have an isolated 2ft cube system for sps with no to little fish feedings :)

and carry on feeding 5 to 6 times a day in my 6ft system for the fishes...

really hard to have a large school of anthias that needs 4 to 6 times feedings a day with food flying around the tank each time and yet can keep beautiful sps...:)

:off:

but sunbursts are indeed one of the most shy anthias by nature

u can see the bold sunburst in my signature photo below..he is the orange dot on the extreme left side of the tank. :lol:

u can see the bold sunburst in my signature photo below..he is the orange dot on the extreme left side of the tank.  :lol:

:ooh: I am getting my ah pei glasses :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
i'll buy 1 2 "test water" 1st.

again..thanks 2 all.

tdmrider,

Curious, what do you mean by "test water"? :huh:

Sunburst Anthias is a beautiful and delicate species, and as with any live stock we add to our tanks, we should be prepared to provide the very best for it. It's a commitment that all who venture into this hobby should make. ;)

Is your tank system (i.e. skimmer, etc.) capable of handling the heavy feeding requirements of anthias and corresponding heavy bio-load?

Dan