Intro BlueTang/Flame Angel to 3 weeks old tank?

Bernard

• SRC Member

Hi Guy's need some advice.

Can I add bluetang or flame angel to a 3 weeks old tank?

water parameter. No2, No3, NH3/4 & PO4 all zero.

both BT & FA is in my 4+ month 2ft tank now but my BT keep on attacking my FA :( .

can I move anyone of them to my 3 weeks old 3ft tank? :thanks:

bern

• SRC Member

Bernard, I really wonder if you cycle has completed. In just 3 weeks and your No3 is already 0. Did you do a major water change to make it 0?

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member
Bernard, I really wonder if you cycle has completed. In just 3 weeks and your No3 is already 0. Did you do a major water change to make it 0?

I put Seachem matrix to bring down the No3/2 and NH3/2.

• SRC Member
To be honest I doubt a BT will survive in a 3 weeks old week even if cycling is complete. BT is very dedicate (not as hardy) and will be better off in a tank that is 6 months old or at least 3 months to be safer.

My BT (still alive) is in my 4+ month old tank and I had introduced my new Flame Angel 2 days ago. but my BT keep on attack my flame angel, that why I wanted to transfer either one of them over to my new 3 weeks old tank. but scared either one of them can't take it. anyway my flame angel really become ANGEL liao :(:cry2:

Bro

a good way would be to list down the fishes u intend to keep, then add them in the the sequence of the most timid ones 1st to the most agressive one... dat way, the more timid ones get a chance to settle down 1st, also, when the next fish to go in is not available, it forces you to keep waiting, and u can cycle longer... :)

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Bro

a good way would be to list down the fishes u intend to keep, then add them in the the sequence of the most timid ones 1st to the most agressive one... dat way, the more timid ones get a chance to settle down 1st, also, when the next fish to go in is not available, it forces you to keep waiting, and u can cycle longer... :)

Vincent Ho

Now in my 3 weeks old tank has 2 damsel, 1 clownfish and 1 bicolor blenny.

my 4+ month old tank has 1 fishgoby, 1 goby (not sure it name) and 1 bluetang.

And my next to buy will be, yellow tang and flame angel.

please advice which one should go into the new tank first.

:thanks: