Pictures of my 3.5 feet Reef Tank

scarab

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

You'll be the first one to know. :P

Outstanding tank..........you will be my idol......how shocking is ur electricity bills? I using only 2 x 250MH already shock me till pocket one hole liao.......

Can share ur experiences when starting out with sps? Like what effect you get when u upgrade your equipments..........thinking of adding 4 x T5 like yours in the near future........

Eric

• SRC Member
Outstanding tank..........you will be my idol......how shocking is ur electricity bills? I using only 2 x 250MH already shock me till pocket one hole liao.......

Can share ur experiences when starting out with sps? Like what effect you get when u upgrade your equipments..........thinking of adding 4 x T5 like yours in the near future........

Eric

Hey Eric,

:thanks:

False alarm lah on the electricity bill. Must be because of my stupid %$#@#$ Eido chiller that didn't stop running. Was chiak lat last month, this month back to normal after change chiller and weather not as hot, so use less air-con.

Started SPS using 2x150 W. Colours are ok but not sharp and contrasting. Since changing to 2x 250W(10kK) + 1x 150W(blue)and 4 T5 (blue), colours have improved considerably. On the topic of lights I think the more the better. If can afford 400W or 1000W go for it man. :D Not sure the effects of the blue T5s but it definitely make viewing more pleasing, compensating the yellow tinge of the 10kK.

Just remember to acclimatise your corals when upgrading lights.

Cheers

• SRC Member

Wow... can't wait to see your tank... It's really impressive... hope I can learn more about Reef Keeping from you...

:P:D:lol:

• SRC Member
Hmmm...had the priviledge to see your tank yesterday...my jaw almost dislocated in awe.. :bow::lol: ..anyway...how did the prawn meat work? Manage to catch that thing? B)

Haven't lah. Tried last night. Saw the bugger near the trap but never go in. Try again tonight.

• SRC Member
WOW Bro! your tank is amazing! did you do a stock-up or just rearranging? the colors are incredible. Definately TOTM material... Congrats!

Minor stock up. Two small colonies from bro danano. The rest just rearrange and this time I epoxy most of them down. so no more shifting. ;)